Surgery Scheduled for next Weds but Aetna just delined my pre-approval.

pammiv
on 12/11/14 6:53 am

HELP - Aetna just denied my authorization for preapproval.  My surgeon had scheduled my surgery for Dec 17th assuring me there would be no issues.  I did all the pre-work with the nutritionist, on meds now for my ulcer to prep me for surgery, chest xray, EKG, Psy eval, 4 months of visits with the surgeon, pre-clearance from my primary Dr and she even wrote a letter about my weight issues from the past 15+ years with all the diets I have been on. 

My surgeon said she would schedule a peer to peer which she said usual works (she said getting an initial denial is pretty standard) but with only 3 business days until my surgery scheduled, I am beyond depressed and frustrated.  I can't see how this is going to happen and putting off would be until next year when all the deductibles start over.  I have already arranged to have vacation time from work, told them I am having surgery and having Christmas dinner early (this weekend) so my family does not feel like they missed out. 

PLEASE anyone have any insight or advice?  I am feeling very sad at this point.....

RNY December 17, 2014 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 12/11/14 8:09 am - Mills River, NC

Oh my gosh.  I wish I had some insight but I don't.  Our Dr got approval first, then we had a 4 week pre-op diet, then surgery.  I can't imagine that they waited this late or that the insurance took this long!!!  I'm sure you are distraught.  So when will be peer review happen and do they make a decision right then?  Hopefully someone will have seen this happen for real.  I can't tell you how sorry I am that you are dealing with this.  Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

pammiv
on 12/12/14 12:58 am

Thank you.  I kind of feel like this happened all backwards.  It has been alot of stress on me and my family.  The doctor's office left me a message that they got the peer to peer call with Aetna scheduled today at 11:00am pacific time.  PRAY for me that there is good news.... 

Y D.
on 12/12/14 1:13 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

noooo! Poor thing, how stressful!

What was the reason given in the denial??

Dawn W.
on 12/16/14 9:10 am

How did peer to peer go? Did u have surgery

ebonymc
on 12/16/14 10:20 am

Sorry to hear that, but keep up the faith. I could only imagine how stressed you are and I will pray for you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 482 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views