Energy After

Angie2015
on 1/25/15 5:17 am

I am booked for VSG Feb. 10th with Dr. Ismael Cabrera at the Florence Hospital in Tijuana MX. I'm nervous, and excited. I have been reading these boards for months and watching youtube vids. Anyone else going there at that time? or have been there? 

I'm wondering about increase in energy? Right now in my life I have zero! I have been drinking energy drinks (I know it is bad but I hate coffee) to get through my days at work and parenting my two little loves and wondering other experiences. I know losing the weight will be great for my life I'm looking forward to it and it would be nice to hear some feedback. 

Thanks for all the great posts, I have been reading and learning A LOT! 

Roz !!!!
on 1/25/15 5:59 am - Butler, PA

I'm guessing that you are young since you have two little ones well I'm 61 and 6+ years out and the energy I have now is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 1/25/15 8:57 pm - Mills River, NC

I had RNY locally so I can't speak to MX but I understand there are some great DR there.

I would suggest decarbing and decaffing before your surgery.  If you haven't had a full set of labs done, do it now.  Many of us, even those who spend a lot of time outside, are low on D.  I really think that my energy came back when I got my D level up.  Now, with good labs, and 100lbs lighter, I have more energy than 99% of the 66 yr olds.  I go to muscle pump 2x a week, walk and take care of my little farm and horses along with running a business.  Not carrying around an extra 100lbs makes a huge difference.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

singdoremi
on 1/25/15 9:40 pm - NJ

The change in energy is absolutely amazing! Best wishes to you.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

susan88
on 1/25/15 11:34 pm
VSG on 08/08/14 with

Angie, You will be amazed at the energy you will have once your body recovers from the surgery.  I had my sleeve with Dr. Lopez in TJ in Aug and I am beyond thrilled with my energy and new self.  You shouldn't need energy drinks to get you thru the day any more, I promise!   I had my kids when I was forty so at 51 i have a 10 and 11 year old.  You are going to be amazed at what you can do with your children once the weight starts coming off.  My goal is to "lose" Patrick who weighs about 85 pounds.  My first goal was to "lose" Connor who weighs 50. :)

My experience in TJ was great.  I was at Mi Hospital so I can't speak to where you are going but I am confident you will be well cared for. 

Have you started your pre-op diet yet?  The first few days off carbs is rough but your energy levels are going to sore even on the pre-op diet once you detox from sugar.

Good luck,

Susan

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views