Can you lose too much?

Marble
on 10/14/15 8:00 pm

i had an endoscopic revision two weeks ago having had my original roux-en-y in 1998.

i am now 70 and have always been a large woman. I weighed 155 when I got married. Has anyone lost too much weight! I know it is a strange question for these boards but I have already lost 10 pounds in two weeks and have no hunger. I cannot remember back 17 years. My pre-surgery weight was 208. I have no desire to become thin thin, just healthy.

MajorMom
on 10/15/15 2:08 am - VA

It's very rare for us to lose too much, we may go pretty low at first but things adjust. If your doc sees you slipping too close to "underweight" BMI, he can prescribe digestive enzymes to help you absorb more. Try not to worry and keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Marble
on 10/15/15 2:18 pm

THANK YOU.

Carrie926
on 10/22/15 10:22 am
with
On October 15, 2015 at 9:08 AM Pacific Time, MajorMom wrote:

It's very rare for us to lose too much, we may go pretty low at first but things adjust. If your doc sees you slipping too close to "underweight" BMI, he can prescribe digestive enzymes to help you absorb more. Try not to worry and keep us posted.

--gina

We are close to same stats... I would love to chat but your profile is private! Can you message me? Thanks :)

Price S.
on 10/15/15 5:40 am - Mills River, NC

I'm not sure I understand. Are you considering a revision?

I got pretty thin and really was too thin but it didn't last long. Bounce back is real. We have one member who had several surgeries and is still pretty thin but is happy with it and healthy.

According to just my weight, I think I am back in overweight and according to my BMI, I am overweight. However, according to my body scan, I am under fat (% of fat is less than normal). So I don't worry about it too much. My Dr also says she doesn't want seniors underweight because if they, we, get sick, there is no reserve.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Marble
on 10/15/15 2:24 pm

i had the revision and have been feeling quite ill. Today my primary care gave me two liters of IV fluids and said my potassium is very low and that I should eat bananas. I said not on the diet. She did not care and said I need to restore my health and not worry about weight loss. I just do not want to get lower than 150 and my surgeon knew it from the beginning. Two weeks out and lost over ten pounds. 45 to go and at this rate, it will come very fast.

MajorMom
on 10/16/15 1:55 am - VA

Instead of bananas try low sodium V8 juice and switch to Morton's Lite Salt. They contain just as much potassium without the sugar and calories of bananas. There's always a chance you could get a prescription for potassium or take over the counter. I take about 900mg a day because I can't get a prescription but need almost prescription amounts of potassium.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Marble
on 10/16/15 5:54 pm

thank you for the suggestions. Feeling better today and had two shakes. I hate having so few calories but afraid of the diarrhea returning and needing more IV treatments.

cher22
on 10/24/15 10:10 pm - Oak Park, IL

Carrot juice has a nice amount of potassium as well dose coco nu****er, and a product called Banana water !

Roz !!!!
on 10/15/15 10:09 am - Butler, PA

I'm not sure what kind of revision that is?

I only know one and she had several surgeries and other problems. I felt like I was too thin so I started Maintenance early and regret it. Bounce back is REAL!! I'm 7 years out today and still in a normal BMI but wish I had settled a couple pounds lighter.

Keep us posted!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...