Finally!http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/images/smiley/msn/biggrin.gif

inkedgirl73
on 11/20/15 8:31 am - Canada

Good morning!  Glad this group is on here !  I had attempted to get my Dr to give me a referral for WLS last year.  He refused saying I wasn't overweight enough.  Well, the past year I have been doing my homework and have recently joined this site.  Seems I may be a "lightweight" but at 5 ft 4 and 1/2 weighing 242 lbs (and been dieting, struggling, losing and gaining since I was 12 and I am now 42) I do qualify!  my bmi is just over 40.  I went for another appointment yesterday and had all of my info in hand.  I even printed out the physicians guide as to how to refer me!  Well...he said yes!  I am so happy and feel like I am finally going to get help for this lifelong problem.

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

Roz !!!!
on 11/21/15 7:51 am - Butler, PA

Welcome to our LW board!!  YEAH for you taking things into your own hands!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 11/23/15 4:24 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome and congrats!!!  Yes, we all heard some variety of this from Dr, nurses, and friends.  But we did qualify and although it is a long road that you think will never end, some day you will be letting us know you have a date!!!  Stick to your guns.  Do your research to see which surgery matches you best and then go full steam ahead.  Lots of vets here to help you along.  Use us!  Pretty soon we will be sliding down the loser's bench to make room for you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views