Re-Read My Instructions

JB1114
on 6/5/16 6:00 pm - Grain Valley, MO

My RNY was 7/8/2008.  I was given instructions for eating for the first 2 weeks, then 4 weeks and after 5 months.  I'm sure I read these instructions at the time, but when I pulled them out to review today, it was if I was reading new information.

I've fallen off the wagon and the wagon is across the country from me.  I'm going to track everything I eat......if I bite it, I write in.  So many bad habits have crept into my life and I have no one to blame but me.   I remember how I avoided anything with sugar.  When someone offered me a cookie at work, I said no thanks and they finally quit asking me.  I was so afraid of getting sick.  Then, I started tasting this and that and have really gotten careless in the last year.  I maintained my weight loss from 2009 until last year.  I gained 10 lbs. then it was 14.  I lose a few and regain a few.

I'm going to get out my bariatric recipes and cook up some goodies.  I did turn down a luncheon coming up this week where Chicken Alfredo is being served and Cherry Cobbler for dessert.  I don't handle pasta very well at all.  And I certainly don't need Cherry Cobbler.  I bought a spaghetti squash and I'm going to try again to make it into something I like.

My temp job is over and I plan to enjoy retirement.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Price S.
on 6/9/16 4:35 am - Mills River, NC

My plan is for 5 meals a day, 3-4 oz of protein and no more than a combined 1/2c of veggies or fruit each meal for the rest of my life.  Every time I go in for my annual visit they remind me of that.  I do pretty close to that actually except I let my portions creep up.  Sweets and some carbs call me if I am not careful.  I can't pass up good bread but since I don't ever buy it, it is easier.  DH keeps cookies and candy and I have to stay out of that.  But my meals are usually meat and a green veggie or salad and that keeps me pretty straight.

You can do it.  It is just a lot harder now that it was in the early days.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views