GOAL SETTING

ahuntersbride
on 6/7/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 05/26/16

I SOULD SURE USE A LITTLE HELP SETTING A REALISTIC GOAL WEIGHT FOR MYSELF! HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT DOING THAT ANYWAYS? I AM 5'3" AND STARTED AT ABOUT 200... I KNOW WHAT A HEALTHY BMI IS FOR ME AND WHAT THAT PARTICULAR SCALE SAYS I SHOULD WEIGH BUT I AM NOT SURE THAT 120 POUNDS WILL LOOK RIGHT ON ME. I HAVE HAD 2 CHILDREN AND BREAST AUGMENTATION SO WHILE I WOULD LOVE TO WEIGH WHAT I DID IN COLLEGE OR HIGH SCHOOL I DONT KNOW THAT IT IS A REASONABLE EXPECTATION AS I WILL TURN 30 THIS YEAR. ANY ADVICE?

Daelcare
on 6/7/16 3:19 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

I started with getting to a normal BMI...then going from there!  At least normal was a healthy place to start.  Good luck!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

Roz !!!!
on 6/8/16 12:03 pm - Butler, PA

I picked a number that I once got down to on WW and I felt good at which was 125.  I went past that and got as low as 106 but gradually settled between 116-118.  Go as low as your body wants to go because bounce back is REAL and you want to end at a good weight. OH...and 30 is still a baby in my eyes. You are at a good age to start this process.  I'm guessing you won't have a lot of extra skin and wrinkles. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

ahuntersbride
on 6/8/16 12:40 pm
VSG on 05/26/16

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR HOURS YESTERDAY... THIS IS ALL CONSUMING! I DECIDED THAT A GOOD GOAL FOR ME ONCE I AM ABLE TO WORK OUT ETC. IS 150 BY AUG.24TH 140 BY OCTOBER 1 AND 130 BY DECEMBER 10. I THINK THAT WILL PUT ME IN A NICE HAPPY PLACE IF I CAN GET THERE... I AM TRYING TO SET REALISTIC GOALS AND ALLOW FOR STALLS BUT ITS HARD TO NOT TELL MYSELF THAT I NEED TO GET TO HIGH SCHOOL WEIGHT, IM NOT EVER CERTAIN MY BODY CAN DO THAT AGAIN.

Roz !!!!
on 6/10/16 7:05 am - Butler, PA

I don't know alot about the VSG but if you follow the rules I think you will be pleasantly surprised! 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 6/9/16 4:40 am - Mills River, NC

If you go to the "more" at the top of the page there is a post surgery calculator that was very helpful for me to see if I was on track. 

I set 140 as my first goal because I had be able to stay there for a while once before and was pretty happy.  I got there and kept going.  Then I set a normal BMI, got there and kept going.  I ended up at 111 which was too low for my frame but have settled around 132 where my body seems pretty happy and I have been here for a couple of years now.  Do not stop too soon, because regain is very real.

Really, just don't hassle with a goal too much.  You will lose.  You will stop losing.  You will regain.  Just see where the trip takes you. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/16 10:13 pm

It makes no difference what you want your goal weight to be. You're body couldn't care less what you want.

Set goals for healthy eating and exercise. Your body will gravitate where it wants to go, and none of us have any say in it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 295 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views