Problems with thicker liquids

Cosmos2112
on 1/5/17 1:53 pm

For the next few days I'm on thicker liquids. I managed to drink about five ounces of plain low fat Kefir this morning. Lunchtime I had a little bit of thinned low fat cottage blenderized with skim milk. Everything still tastes sweet, even the Kefir. I'm supposed to try thinned cream of wheat, but don't have the stomach for it now. I need to try to get my protein in. I can handle the protein shakes and chicken bone broth without a problem. I'm grateful I don't have an appetite, but I need some good fuel in my body. Today is my two week surgery anniversary. Ant suggestions? 

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

lykapal
on 1/6/17 7:58 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions. :( 

I still have an aversion to thick liquids. (nearly 8 months post-op)  The only protein shake I drink now is premier because it's pretty thin. I don't love the taste, but I just can't handle thick pasty liquids. I do think it's probably a personal preference, because I know plenty of people who intentionally make their shakes thicker. When I really want a flavorful shake, I mix my own (click vanilla latte and several syntrax flavors)with about 1.5x to 2x the liquid called for. I also find most things extra strong and sweet, even still.

I just wanted to offer support. I wish you the best of luck, don't give up, you can get through this!

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Cosmos2112
on 1/6/17 8:35 am

I was able to have two meals today (3oz cup full each) of the cottage cheese and skim milk blenderized. I actually like that. I also had 3oz of plain low fat kefir. One cup tea and water. My BP is coming down a little as well. I feel stuffed now after the water.  I'll try the cream of wheat later tonight. 

Cosmos2112
on 1/8/17 5:49 pm

When I added the cottage cheese blended with skim milk, it caused my BS to rise. Or it could have been the sugar free Popsicles which have four carbs each. I think I OD'd on them. 

Even though the the cottage cheese is 1% fat, it still has carbs as well as the skim milk. I saw my BS fluctuate from 102 to 160 and back to 120. Should I worry and maybe cut our the cottage cheese?  I ate  puréed chicken breast which had no effect on my BS. I don't want to go back to taking diabetes meds. On another note, my BP is back to normal. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views