Dreaded regain!

italianspice
on 9/25/17 4:39 am, edited 10/1/17 8:12 am - Eastlake, OH

Good morning Lightweights!

So grateful that I have had this site, and many supportive people to share my journey with.

I sit here this morning pondering my 7 year journey as a post op rny.

The first 3 years were blissful, the honeymoon period is a very appropriate term! lol

Then real life set in! Old habits can come back. Fast forward 4 years, I had gained 32 pounds from my lowest post op weight. Never made it to my goal, but my type 2 diabetes is still in remission and that was my biggest goal.

Went to a friend's wedding in June and saw pictures of myself, and was not happy at all.

So the very next day, I cleaned out the pantry and went to the store to restocked with good proteins and veggies.

Dusted off my fitness pal account and started journaling my food intake. Good days and bad.

Fast forward 91 days, I have managed to lose 18 pounds so far. I know my tool still works. Somehow along the way of my parents both battling health issues, my son becoming a Marine, and menopause, I forgot to eat like a bariatric patient.

I am grateful for my tool. I have learned not to beat myself up (atleast not too much) and to take one meal at a time. If I make a bad decision, I get back on track the next meal. I have been great at losing and gaining, now I need to learn how to maintain.

Hope you all have a great week!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Roz !!!!
on 9/25/17 10:53 am - Butler, PA

Congrats on being successful losing 18 pounds after having some regain!!!

I LOVE your last full paragraph!!! I think learning not to beat yourself up and getting back on track are 2 very important steps in being Successful on this journey!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

italianspice
on 9/25/17 11:39 am - Eastlake, OH

Thanks Roz!

Really have been working on the negative thinking.

So grateful to have you here! You have truly been a blessing on this journey! Many heartfelt thanks!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Roz !!!!
on 9/26/17 12:16 pm - Butler, PA

I appreciate your post!! I was feeling a little down when I got on to post M&M the last couple of days.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...