HonestOmnivore’s Posts

HonestOmnivore
on 7/11/18 1:05 pm
Topic: RE: help me choose lightweights?

As far as I know, basically losing TOO MUCH WEIGHT isn't an issue for the vast majority of light weights. I was 205 when I had my surgery, I had been dieting and working HARD on weight loss for a decade without significant success (lowest was into the high 160s). I opted for the RNY because I knew my body would fight it like crazy and I wanted to get the most effective tool I could.

My weight loss has been very easy - not as dramatic as some but I've never been as diligent as I really wanted to use the honeymoon period to build a sustainable food plan. I'm starting to see that my plan isn't the best - you should go full out on weight loss the first year at least. None the less I'm wearing size zero slacks and a size 2 suit coat today so I'm feeling generally successful! I've built regular exercise into my life, I'm eating whole foods, very healthy foods, and I'm getting in my vitamins.

I feel like all the hard work I did trying to diet the weight off has really paid off now that I have the RNY. I'm really good at weighing and logging my food. I don't assume that days when I eat almost nothing I'm going to be below my calorie goals so I always log... I feel like I'm more in tune with my body for all the work I did in the decade preceding my surgery.

Good luck!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

HonestOmnivore
on 10/4/17 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday Oct. 3rd

Yesterday was ugly. I was in training and off my game in general :(

B- Hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup berries

MS- Greek yogurt

L- grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, 1 oz cheese

D- RTD Pure Protein shake

ES- Pizza

Total Calories: 1143, Protein: 118. Carbs: 90, Sugar: 47 Fat: 36

Miles:

Swam 1 KM (half freestyle, half backstroke)

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

HonestOmnivore
on 10/4/17 8:50 am
Topic: RE: Wow, nobody ever called me a lightweight

Welcome! You're going to love the control you will have post WLS. Of course WLS isn't EASY but it's so much more doable than the traditional methods.

I am so close to being rid of my CPAP I can almost TASTE it!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 10/2/17 9:34 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Monday Oct 2nd

Good day lightweights!

I thought I'd start this off since I'm here...

MENU:

B- Chia seed pudding made with half a can of Pure Protein Banana Cream RTD shake, 2 TB chia seeds, 1 scoop plain protein powder (premixed into 2 TBSP Greek Yogurt).

MS- Green Chai Tea with a scoop of plain protein powder, a packet of Truvia and a 1/4 tsp honey

L- Foil packet of tuna in olive oil with sun dried tomatoes (had planned to mix with cottage cheese but didn't end up doing that)

AS- string cheese

D- 3 oz shrimp ****tail w/ 1 tsp ****tail sauce

ES- Pure Protein RTD Frosty Chocolate Shake

Total Calories: 818, Protein: 132, Carbs: 32, Sugar: 11, Fat: 25

MILES:

Ran 3 miles (slowly) this morning with my sister's dog. I wasn't feeling up to a run so it was slow, and I was going to just stop after a mile but we managed to talk ourselves into all three. Tonight I have run club, which will be lecture and walking jogging for 30 minutes (warm-up and cool-down will add another 30) then I'll do my weight lifting circuit which usually takes me almost an hour to finish. Tomorrow is a morning SWIM day, and hopefully I'll have my bike back from the shop so I can commute on it tomorrow!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 10/2/17 9:27 am
Topic: RE: Lets start some chatter?? Victories or celebrations coming up this week?

Can you tell us newbs more about the physical changes post honeymoon period? Does your WLS tool just work less well? Or is there some other metabolism shift that makes it harder to lose? I've been trying to focus on leading a healthy lifestyle, by building a lot of physical activity into my daily life. This weekend I got a puppy who I'm hoping will become my running partner for the next 8 to 10 years. I'm trying to incorporate a bike commute into my work routine, and spending time at the gym for weights and swimming.

What else can I do now, during my honeymoon, to help set myself up to win long term?

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/27/17 10:32 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wednesday Sept. 27th

Good morning! The cherry tomatoes were a found food in the break room but they paired nicely with my plain ol' tuna packet!

MENU:

B- 11 oz. can of pure protein frosty chocolate

MS- protein latte (half a Premier Protein caramel put in the swishy steamer, espresso)

L- Tuna packet and fresh cherry tomatoes

AS- String Cheese

D- 6 oz shrimp ****tail with 2 tsp ****tail sauce (twice my usual portion)

ES- Green Chai Tea with added scoop of plain protein and truvia packet

Total Calories: 603, Protein: 126, Carbs: 23, Sugar: 9, Fat: 13

MILES:

I ran three miles with my sister's dog this morning before breakfast. They weren't FAST miles but they were miles! Then I rode my bike into work (ten mile round trip). I have my weight lifting circuit planned for this evening :)

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/26/17 8:59 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday Sept 26th

I'll jump in again today since it's pre-noon and I'm actually posting!!!

MENU:
B- Half of a Premier Protein Caramel shake mixed with 2 TBSP chia seeds and one scoop plain protein powder (mixed last night and left to set in the fridge overnight). Not bad...

MS- protein coffee (added a scoop of plain whey protein to my coffee w/ cream)

L- Left over mixed greens with grilled salmon (the option I selected on MFP shows 11g of carbs which I think is high but who knows!)

AS- string cheese

D1- Venison meatloaf with Mom and Dad and sister's family at 5pm

D2- Lentil soup with friends at 7pm

ES- Hummus and pita (because I know I'm going to eat it so I'd might as well plan for it!)

Total Calories: 983, Protein: 101, Carbs: 70, Sugar: 7, Fat: 38

MILES:

Biked to work today, although if it gets as hot as anticipated I'll be schlepping my bike home on the bus! I got up in time to swim laps before work (YAY ME!!!). Last night I had my first run club and it was great! Not much actual running yet but lots of great information and plenty of training on warm-ups, cool-downs, and post run stretching- all of which I totally fail at so this is going to be so good for me!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/25/17 11:32 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Monday Sept. 25

Post Op RNY 5 mo

MENU:
B- One 11oz can of Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate

MS- skipped

L- Mixed greens with avocado, asparagus, roasted corn and roast salmon (purchased a salad that looks like it will last a few days...)

AS- String cheese

D- Shrimp ****tail

ES- One 11oz can of Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate

Total Calories: 612, Protein: 109, Carbs: 22, Sugar: 4, Fat: 16

MILES:

Tonight is the first night of running club, we will be walking and jogging while we meet. After running club I'll do my weight circuit which takes me almost an hour because S L O W ...

I didn't ride my bike to work today due to the heat index :(

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/25/17 7:21 am
Topic: RE: My Light Weight Story-

I chose the RNY for two reasons:

1. I felt like simply "eating less" was never a major challenge for me, that for the past 7 - 10 years I had been doing a reasonably good job with portion control, that it was far more about my metabolism shifting ever downward. I was MO (at 205 - 208) and eating far less than I ever had eaten in my life. Not ENOUGH less to lose the weight, but far less than we were taught to think of MO people's diets. I was living with a friend who is six foot tall and exercises only occasionally, and she eats easily over 2000 calories a day - she's rail thin. I know that's just a fluke but even she would comment on how unfair life can be (as she ate her third slice of pan pizza).
  2. The RNY generally shows a lower rate of regain. I wanted to go with the science and do what would give me the greatest advantage regain. It also provides a slight advantage in metabolism shift - which may give me a higher calorie level in maintenance. Even when my body adapts to the shorter intestine, there should be some net "gain" (as in lost calories) over the sleeve.

I'm packing up the apt I shared with my thin friend - and I'm just horrified at the food I am pulling out of "her" cupboard space. I generally tried to avert my eyes when digging through my side looking for that elusive can of black beans, but her side was chuck full of partially eaten treats like boxes of rice krispy treats, chocolate and brown sugar pop-tarts, cookies, raman noodles, packages of flavored instant rice, Mac&Cheese... Literally a highly processed carbohydrate junk yard! My side? Cans of beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, sprouted grain flour, brown rice, sprouted grain oat meal, cans of tuna, salmon, sardines (which I hate but occasionally eat for the nutrients), dehydrated powders to add to recipes like cheddar cheese powder, peanut butter, spinach, milk, whey... The most processed stuff I had was canned soups and sauces like salsa, curry, and spaghetti. I'm no saint of course, but it was still kinda blatant as I cleaned out all the junk, how radically different we ate. Same with the freezer - my side things like chicken thighs, ground venison, ground chicken, whole veggies like spinach and green beans. Her side was processed foods like buffalo chicken balls, taquitos, loaded potato skins, mac&cheese bites, ice cream sandwiches... She loved it when I cooked dinner, which I did a lot, and she loved to eat healthier whole foods, but that wasn't what she would cook for herself, or purchase.

We're both fifty and had recently left decades old marriages, so sharing the cost of an apt was a great help, plus we worked in the same office building so we could save even more by car-pooling! I loved living with her and now that we're both moving on to new cities and new jobs I'm really missing her companionship but there were things like this food stuff that drove home how DIFFERENT our various metabolisms really are. The first time she had her kids over to our apt, I made lasagna - she was confused as to why I was browning ground beef. Turns out "making lasagna" to her meant baking the frozen Stoffer's version (I love that stuff too - not going to lie, but when she asked if I could make lasagna for her kids it didn't occur to me to buy a pre-made frozen one!) I am pretty confident she wasn't vomiting any food as the few times she had a stomach bug she was pretty dramatic and even called her mom to come over because she was throwing up.

Anyway - that's a LONG WAY OF explaining why I chose the RNY, but I'm happy that I did ;)

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/20/17 8:13 am
Topic: RE: Menu and Miles Wednesday 9-20

I'll start this one today!

Last night I skipped Taco Tuesday and all the evil associated carbs! Unfortunately I had a bowl of Lucky Charms, but that was still less carbs than I would have encountered at the Mexican restaurant!

MENU:

B- 1/2 a can Banana Cream Pure Protein with half a banana cut up and 2 TBSP chia seeds (mixed last night and left in the fridge) -it wasn't very attractive, but it was pretty tasty. The half banana drove up my carbs but I'm OK with that as I think the natural potassium is a good thing from time to time.

MS- Hard boiled pastured chicken egg

L- last of my left over beef and scallions stir-fry

AS- Another hard boiled egg

D- Shrimp ****tail - 3 oz of shrimp and a tsp ****tail sauce. I keep a bag of frozen cooked shrimp in the freezer so this is an easy go-to on busy nights!

ES- Pure Protein Frosty chocolate 11oz can (post work out)

Total Calories: 938, Protein: 124, Carbs: 43, Sugar: 11, Fat: 36

MILES:

I rode my bike to work (about 10 mile round trip via shorter, city street route). Tonight is a weight lifting night and after that I'll take the dog for a walk/run for about 60 minutes.

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/20/17 8:08 am
Topic: RE: We need Posters!!!

I threw my token post out there! Where are the rest of you! POST!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/19/17 1:34 pm
Topic: RE: First Appointment

Congratulations on getting started on the journey! Every insurer is a little different, but hopefully this will go smoothly for you. It's worth the wait for sure!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/19/17 10:22 am
Topic: RE: My Light Weight Story-

I had my RNY on March 29th, of this year. I weighed 208 and I'm 5'4" tall.

ALL of my friends and family discouraged me from having such a drastic surgery. EVERY SINGLE PERSON insisted I could lose the weight through diet alone. But I'd been over weight for 15 years, moving between Morbidly Obese and Obese, only occasionally dipping down to "over weight" and then it was with extreme effort. I knew that if diet and exercise alone was my path to health, I'd have achieved it already because I'm a pretty determined kinda girl. I'd investigated bariatric surgery a few times, but never followed through because I too thought I should "do it the healthy way" then spent another few years with my very unhealthy body weight. I promised myself that the next time I slipped into the morbidly obese range I would go in for an actual appointment at the clinic.

Comorbidity- I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2004, and had been using a CPAP since then. I had just started taking medication for my high blood pressure in the past year.

When I first visited the Bariatric Center, I was so relieved to discover that they didn't act like I didn't belong there. The surgeon reviewed my medical history, listened as I described a pretty physically active lifestyle and said something that changed everything for me: (paraphrased) 'Listen, with your metabolism, it's pretty clear you're making a huge effort to lose weight, otherwise you would be fifty pounds heavier than you are today. This surgery will allow you to lose your excess weight and maintain a healthy weight without extreme effort your making today just to lose another ten pounds.' WHAT???

I went to the bariatric clinic (Center of Excellence at Summa Health in Akron Ohio) in September of 2016, and completed the required per-surgery work by the end of the year. My insurance was approved on the first submission but due to a delay I didn't get scheduled for surgery until the end of March. Because I was right on the edge of being morbidly obese, I wasn't asked to lose any weight, just to record every bite of food I consumed and to be compliant with all my medications and CPAP machine (I was compliant anyway, and I'd been tracking my diet on MyFitnessPal since 2010.)

I joined ObesityHealth in January of 2017, and started following the RNY Menu boards. Honestly I was super disappointed to see how strict and restricted the posters were with their daily menus, especially the folks who were several years out. I'd thought that the malabsorbtion part of the RNY surgery would mean that I could eat more calories and not absorb them, so that I should be able to eat MORE calories after surgery to maintain my new low weight. None the less I listened and learned and did more research. When I shared sample menus from the RNY Menu board with the nutritionists (NUTS) at the bariatric clinic, they were very shocked and insisted that these veterans were eating far to few calories than they should be eating. I knew that the truth was probably less academic and that the sample size of active veterans is small here on OH so I shouldn't weight their antidotal experiences too high. Part of the reason for this disconnect between what I expected to see, and what I am seeing is due to my status as being a light-weight WLS patient. If I'd been maintaining my weight at 300 lbs on a 1500 calorie diet, the shift in caloric needs at 150lbs would be less than what I would experience having maintained at 1500 calories with a body of 200 ish pounds.

Rate of weight loss as a light weight- First big lesson, everyone loses at a different rate. The bigger a person is, in general, the faster that first fifty pounds will come off. I had set more physical fitness goals than weight goals, and this meant I was ramping up my physical exercise starting the first couple of weeks after my surgery. Building muscle requires more protein than just trying to slow muscle loss... muscle weighs a lot more than fat so losing fifty pounds of fat can be masked when you gain ten or fifteen pounds of muscle. All of this is to explain that while I have wanted to lose faster than I am, I've made choices that will make my weight loss slower. I'm eating far more calories than most on the RNY menu board - usually between 700 and 1000 per day, verses the standard 450/day for the weight loss phase. At my current rate of loss, given that it tapers the farther out one gets, and the closer one gets to goal weight, I am likely to take an entire year to lose the ninety pounds I'd like to lose, and it will take at lest a full seven months to reach my surgeon's goal of 63 lbs loss (I'm 8 lbs away from that today). There are folks on the OH boards who are SMO and lose 60 lbs in the first couple of months! But that's not generally how it works for us light weights...

Protein needs for light weights- Your body can not manufacture protein out of body fat. As you "starve" your body of incoming calories, you need to continue to provide it with sources of protein to allow it to function. You will literally NOT HEAL from surgery if you don't consume protein. All the EAT MORE PROTEIN messages are real and need to be followed! None the less, some of us need more dietary protein than others, and frankly, as light weights, we REALLY need more than a SMO patient. If we look at ambulatory weight loss patients, the heaver the patient the MORE muscle mass they will start with because it takes a whole lot of muscle to move 300 or 400 lbs of weight around a grocery store! As extremely heavy patients lose body fat, they no longer need this extra muscle to move their lighter body about, so unless they are actively working to maintain the same muscle to though weight bearing exercise, the body will begin to lose muscle mass as their weight drops. This no longer needed muscle is re-purposed by the body as needed. For us lightweights, we don't have this same ratio of muscle so there is less available for our body to raid as we restrict our intake post surgery. We need to make sure we are eating plenty of easily metabolized protein to supply what is needed to be healthy. If we combine our weight loss with increased exercise we have to add even MORE protein into our diet to allow the building blocks for repairing our worked muscles, and also to build new muscle. Good quality protein will have associated calories, and thus this one reason I'm eating higher calories. I am trying to get much of my protein from "real" foods, like meat, eggs, dairy, but to make the numbers I need I'm also incorporating whey isolate protein in the form of powders and ready to drink (RTD) protein shakes.

Food addictions - Many of us lightweights think we don't have the same disordered eating as those who start at much higher weights. This could be true for some, but I know that the sudden, dramatic drop in caloric intake that happens as we adjust to our new stomach capacity exposed far more food issues than I ever realized I had! Most recovering obese folks will talk about their addiction to carbohydrates. I knew I loved bread, but I hadn't realized how intense my relationship with all things starch was until I had my surgery. I try to keep my daily intake of carbs around 25g, and I get very worried when I go over 50g in a day. I try to keep sugar under 15g. Things I didn't expect to crave: All things potato, pan pizza crust, warm from the oven biscuits, brown rice, quinoa, rye toast, sour dough bread bowls, root veggies, fresh fruit... the list goes on!

I have friends who have lost the same amount of weight that I've lost, over the same time period, through diet and exercise alone. I've lost a lot of weight through diet and exercise alone. The difference for me, is that as a relative light weight, this time it's for ever. I'm losing weight, feeling GREAT, no longer fighting physical hunger every single day, and I'm able to focus on building a sustainable life style that I will love to live for the rest of my life.

I wish I'd done this back in 2005 when I first considered the possibility!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/19/17 8:48 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Monday Sept. 18th

For what ever reason, I couldn't face my plain cottage cheese that morning! Usually I like it fine plain but I'm trying to mix things up some anyway! I'm loving the fruit protein powders mixed into cottage cheese, it tastes like dessert!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/19/17 8:32 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday Sept. 19th

Today, Taco Tuesday, is a little ugly.

B- (this was an error on my part, I didn't look up recipes or check calorie counts when I made this last night and it was my first attempt with chia seeds) 1/4 cup chia seeds in a bowl with half a can of Pure Protein Banana Cream shake. It was too much chia so it was basically solid this morning - but still reasonably tasty! I'll try it again for tomorrow morning (with the other half of the can of Banana Cream) using half the amount of chia seeds.

MS- Hard Boiled Pastured Chicken egg

L- StarKist tuna packet in Olive Oil with Sun-dried Tomatoes

AS- Crab Dip w/cucumber slices

D- Shrimp tacos sans tortilla and a skinny margarita (I'm buying the mix to take with me, I'll order a shot of tequila at the Taco Tuesday restaurant!)

ES- Stash Green Chai Tea w/ plain protein powder and Truvia

Total Calories: 919, Protein: 80, Carbs: 55, Sugar: 4, Fat: 42

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/18/17 9:39 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Monday Sept. 18th

B- Green Chai Tea w/ truvia and plain protein powder. 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese mixed with SF strawberry jello.

MS- hard boiled egg

L- left over stir fried beef w/ scallions (1/2 cup)

AS- String Cheese

D- Shrimp ****tail (3 oz shrimp with 1 tsp ****tail sauce)

ES- Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate RTD shake (post weight lifting)

Total Calories: 706, Protein: 113, Carbs: 19, Sugar: 4, Fat: 24

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/11/17 10:27 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Friday Sept. 8th

Porter is my sister's dog, but he really loves me as I'm not so attentive to the human puppies in the house! Here is a picture of my own (future) puppy- he's still with his mom and litter mates but I'll be picking him up at the end of this month! I'm staying with my sister and her family for a few months so I'll be continuing to share my bed with Porter while the puppy is crate trained. Hopefully having this privilege will help Porter hate the new puppy a little less!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/11/17 10:20 am
Topic: RE: 3 months out, 30 pounds down, feeling like a failure

I've started swimming laps twice a week :) I'm having trouble getting going in the morning but I've put morning swims on my calendar for Tues/Wed mornings each next week.

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/8/17 11:10 am, edited 9/8/17 4:10 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Friday Sept. 8th

Good morning!

B- Steel Cut Oats (I know but I choose a complex carb meal once every blue moon for balance sake) with 2 tbsp of powdered peanut butter added plus 3 tbsp of milk

L- cottage cheese with syntrax lemonade stand protein powder

AS- same as above

D- 3 oz shrimp with 1 tsp of ****tail sauce

ES- Glass of Red Wine plus 1oz of cheese

Total Calories: 747 Protein: 94 Carbs: 44 Sugar: 3 Fat: 19

Exercise: Biked to work, this time on the city streets which was terrifying! I'm going to bike home on the street, but I'll use a route with dedicated bike lanes. My usual bike commute has been on the bike trail but it takes longer to get to it...

and my friday photo :)

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/5/17 8:50 am, edited 9/5/17 1:50 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Thursday, Aug. 31

Menu:

B- Protein Drink

L- LF cottage cheese and protein powder

D- pulled pork (w/taco seasoning) and a sprinkle of cheese

S- string cheese this afternoon and a SF jello tonight

Total Calories: 650

Protein: 97

Carbs: 11

Miles: I've been bad, but tonight I'm planning to at least take the dog for a good long walk!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 9/5/17 7:57 am
Topic: RE: 3 months out, 30 pounds down, feeling like a failure

This past week I was in Boston for a work conference, and on a whim I tried on a pair of jeans from Banana Republic... and they FIT ME! 31" waist and they FIT ME!!!!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 8/22/17 1:32 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday Aug. 22nd

Today is my 50th birthday :)

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, 1 slice of bacon

Lunch - Crab Cake

Afternoon snack- edamame

Dinner - Smoked Trout dip with cucumber slices

ES- Pure Protein ready to drink shake

Calories: 886 Protein: 85 Carbs: 44 Sugar: 13 Fat: 42

Tonight I'll be leaving work to head to meet my parents for an appetizer, then I'll be meeting up with friends. No time for exercise and it was raining at lunch.

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 8/16/17 11:13 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wednesday Aug. 16th

Best theory is over use. I was swimming last Wednesday and focusing on form with the swivel kicks, then I was running/walking in shoulder deep water. Thursday I rode my bike to the office and didn't feel sore but was kinda weak (no real power). Friday I rested then on Saturday I was trying to move a log out of a road bed at my parent's farm, lifting with my legs, and I felt something go in my butt. The working theory is it's my piriformus muscle on the left side, that was activated when swimming, after years of sloth...

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 8/16/17 9:41 am, edited 8/16/17 2:42 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wednesday Aug. 16th

B- 11 oz Protein shake

MS- LF string cheese

L- tuna packet

AS- none planned

D- mahi mahi burger

ES- 11 oz protein shake

Total Calories: 600, Protein: 105, Carbs: 12, Sugar: 2, Fat: 16

Miles:

I've been resting since the weekend when I injured my BUTT, yes my butt. Left side, can't walk up steps without serious pain... This afternoon I have a one hour orientation with a swimming based exercise physiologist and after that I'll walk and or run for a couple of miles if I'm feeling OK. I haven't biked to work while I try to recover from the ouchy. I'm hoping I'll be able to return to that by the end of this week!

Fun Fact - I'm in the 150s!!!!! 45 lbs to go until goal weight!!!

SW - 206 CW - 128

HonestOmnivore
on 8/11/17 1:46 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Friday Aug. 11th

4 mo out/ 161 lbs

B- half a cup of cottage cheese, blueberries, vanilla protein powder

L- same as breakfast

AS - half a protein bar

D- deli turkey

ES- 3.5 oz red wine plus LF string cheese

total calories 861, protein 111, carbs 54 (yikes), sugar 24, fat 16

Heading out to a weekend with friends. I've packed cottage cheese, lunch meat, tuna and Greek yogurt. I've also packed some protein bars which make me a little ill (the sugar alcohol?) so that should help me resist the carbs.

Today I've spent about 90 minutes using my under-desk elliptical machine. I'm not sure it's actually exercise, but it does raise my heart rate some (similar to walking) and I figure anything is better than being totally sedentary!

This weekend will include hiking :)

SW - 206 CW - 128

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views