ebonymc’s Posts

ebonymc
on 4/21/17 8:22 pm
Topic: RE: Could It Happen?

Hello, I go to see the surgeon on 5/01/17...My preference is the sleeve. My question concerns my blood sugar. I'm asking all those that could help me with this question. " Could I get my B/S back in control with the sleeve? I've heard definitely yes with RNY, but what about the sleeve? I've had the band before but it's been out for over two years now. I'm 5'3" and weigh 220. I'm starting the liquid diet in 4 weeks and this is a question that I will also ask my surgeon. Have anyone here have success with this issue?

ebonymc
on 3/17/17 8:32 pm
Topic: RE: Work attire for the shrinking employee

Laura and Liz, I'm so jealous. buying at a thrift store is a great idea while you're losing. Thanks much!

ebonymc
on 3/16/17 7:35 pm
Topic: RE: Work attire for the shrinking employee

So happy for you. I can't wait to get to that point. I've changed my mind a few times b/c I want to be sleeved but know that RNY is the answer.

ebonymc
on 2/19/17 10:22 am
Topic: RE: What finally made up your mind?

Hello! I've been here for a while now asking which surgery? 8 years ago my grand daughter and I were dancing around. She giggled and said to me "YOU LOOK LIKE BARNEY" the purple dinosaur. I was crushed and had lap band surgery. Ended up with all the complications and had it removed 2.5 years ago. After on again off again deciding about surgery again, I've started to attend the WLS support group meetings again. Due to my long time diabetes, I'm still deciding on which surgery. Although I know that RNY would be the better choice, I really want to have the sleeve and use that tool to put my diabetes into remission for good. Another reason I want it is b/c 3 weeks ago, I developed sciatica pain in my hip/leg and was put on prednisone for a week. It feels much better but not gone.

ebonymc
on 2/7/17 7:50 pm
Topic: RE: Dangerous to have RYN if you are a lightweight?

We're in the same situation. I was un-banded mostly due to acid reflux. I'm a light weight as well and want the sleeve rather than RNY b/c of my weight. I'm afraid that if I'm sleeved, I will get that terrible acid reflux again. But I also have diabetes and I've heard that RNY is a better choice, but I'm afraid of losing too much and becoming vitamin deficient. I'm on iron and vitamin D already. Good Luck to you and keep us informed.

ebonymc
on 1/24/17 9:24 pm
Topic: RE: Small Body Frame
On January 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Pacific Time, Roz !!!! wrote:

I'm only 4'11" and most of my weight was in my boobs and my stomach.  Now I have inter-tube boobs, a jiggly belly, and saggy legs but I don't regret a thing!!!!!!

If you can afford plastic surgery that's awesome but don't get it done until you are sure you are at goal and your body has settled into place.

I lost 84 pounds and I'm over 8 years out now and I'm 62 and have been married for 42 years.  I'm too old to spend money on surgery but I do buy good dress clothes that fit me nice.  Good bras and support panties work wonders.  Even pretty lingerie makes me look pretty good.

Keep us updated!

Thanks Roz, that's encouraging to hear

ebonymc
on 1/24/17 9:22 pm
On January 25, 2017 at 3:28 AM Pacific Time, STLfan wrote:
Hey There!
I see you have been researching and asking around ...which is great!
I opted for the DS/BPD because it had the VSG plus the Mal-Absorb aspects. All my co-morbs are gone and I had them all... When I talked with the different groups the DS bunch seemed much happier and little complaints...Good luck , Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I 've heard that b-4 but I'm a light weight and afraid of losing too much with the DS

ebonymc
on 1/17/17 3:32 pm
On January 16, 2017 at 8:22 PM Pacific Time, Jody *** wrote:

When I had my surgery my first thought was losing weight and my health.  As the weight came off I was beginning to like the skinnier "me".  Of course clothes became important, etc.  Then the "loose skin" issue... but I know I will ALWAYS have a body image issue.  I zero in on the parts of me I don't like (like my thighs, etc).  Of course the smaller body came better self confidence.  

Your body WILL change - how you accept the changes will be up to you.  I did have PS to get rid of a few of my body image "issues" which I'm glad I did but will need to learn to live with the places on me that I don't feel are "perfect" ;)  It's all in your mindset....

Congrats on researching and learning about the VSG.  Good luck on your journey!

Thanks Jody, I quess that's what I was expecting to hear. I know you can't spot reduce and I'm hoping to have PS too! at least on my belly area. I attended a support group meeting today, and came away with some important information. Thanks again

ebonymc
on 1/14/17 10:19 pm

Hello!  I've been here a while searching and researching. I have all comorbidities, a small body frame, but huge and extended around the middle. I want to have the vsg due to my stats. I don't want to worry about my body image but sometimes I do. Please don't get me wrong, getting rid of my comorbidities will always be my first choice for getting the surgery. I just wondered if anyone else is/was in my shoes.

ebonymc
on 12/23/16 8:43 am
Topic: RE: November 17- today

That's so wonderful! I haven't had surgery yet but it's nice to hear that others can actually get back on track after losing focus on their weight. which surgery did you have?

ebonymc
on 12/12/15 9:44 pm
Topic: RE: Question

I want to say that the Light weight WLS is for people that are overweight, but do not have a ton to lose. I'm a light weight.  My dr. says to lose 60 lbs. I have diabetes that is out of control, and I'm on B/P meds. I'm opting for the sleeve since RNY may make me too thin. I can only hope that it would put my diabetes into remission.

ebonymc
on 1/14/15 10:09 am
Topic: RE: New! how do I search within this forum?

Thanks for asking b/c I want to know also!

ebonymc
on 1/14/15 10:07 am
Topic: RE: New! how do I search within this forum?

thanks Navychic,  I was looking for it too....

ebonymc
on 1/10/15 3:37 am
Topic: RE: Being here is comforting

LOL...I know what you mean, and I know that I'll be asked the same questions. Thanks for giving me some insight on a response that I could give them.

ebonymc
on 1/9/15 11:56 pm

Thanks MajorMom, That really does help to know what to expect. 

ebonymc
on 1/9/15 11:42 am, edited 1/9/15 11:43 am

If I hadn't said it before, I'll say it now. I'm very happy and feel so comfortable posting here. You all have been an inspiration and I feel that here is where I need to be. I really feel welcome here. I visited my Dr. yesterday to decide which surgery is right for me. He told me that RNY would be the better choice due my diabetes and bad history of reflux. I am a lightweight and already so afraid to do this. His nurse came in before him telling me that I was going to be super skinny. I laughed it off but felt down instead of feeling happy. Now I'm more worried and afraid of my outcome. I never wanted to let onto my source of weight loss, but I may not have a choice. My Dr. said that most ppl tend to stop losing when they're at a comfortable weight. How did you handle these comments, because I hear it a lot.

ebonymc
on 1/1/15 1:11 pm
Topic: RE: Still Searching Options

Any lightweights having/had the DS? I've heard that this may be best suited for me due to my diabetes

ebonymc
on 12/26/14 11:18 pm
Topic: RE: Was Anybody worried....

Thanks, I really needed to hear that right about now...LOL

ebonymc
on 12/26/14 10:41 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Thurs. December 25th

Thanks for explaining that, I do get the picture.  After removing the band, I still need to lose another 50-60 lbs. 

ebonymc
on 12/25/14 9:29 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Thurs. December 25th

Hello! I was wondering what decaf protein coffee/protein tea is? Where do I get it? Should it be used pre-op or post op. I go to see my surgeon on the 5th.

ebonymc
on 12/25/14 9:17 am
Topic: RE: What is the definition of a lightweight?

Hello! my BMI is 39 but I still get nervous when I think about having the surgery.  I receive good insight here and love to hang around to keep my spirits up. I sometimes worry about losing too much. but as mentioned before, This is what I need to do to better my health.

ebonymc
on 12/17/14 10:47 am
Topic: RE: Was Anybody worried....

Thanks so much for everyone's support. It feels good to know that there are others out there that had the same issues as me. Although I'm built like Humpty, I would be fibbing if I said that I wasn't concerned about my image. But I do hope to get healthy.

ebonymc
on 12/16/14 10:56 am
Topic: RE: Scared to eat

I'm happy things went well for you. I'm sure that I will be scared too. I had the band 5 yrs ago and it didn't work out for me.  But my first meal was mashed potatoes too, right after my post op meeting and eating it went well too. keep up the good work and enjoy the honeymoon phase. This time around, I really plan to. Good Luck~

ebonymc
on 12/16/14 10:37 am
Topic: RE: SKINsperation

Yaarak, I worry about loose skin as well as other things LOL... I plan to talk to my surgeon before hand because I already have a lower flabby belly and always have since a young teenager.  I am 59 now and these ladies are inspiring me as well. As it has already been said, you are young and probably with skin that wouldn't be too noticeable.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views