Spousal weight loss?

Janienne Raines
on 7/23/07 1:58 pm - Dallas Metro, TX
I had RNY on 6/18. My husband has lost about 5 lbs. He is showing support for me in many ways including not encouraging eating out as often as we use to and if we do go out he picks a WLS friendly place such as Olive Garden. The best gift you can give your wife is support her on this journey. Make your self part of it; ask questions, do your own research, look for protein drinks and food she will enjoy. If you stay on the sidelines you'll regret it. Find non-food ways to reward her when she does well with the scale and always reassure her. You'll not regret your investment and her love for you will grow as she shrinks. Good luck.
sweet4utwo
on 2/22/08 10:56 am
My husband is 3 months (November 07) out and has lost over 70 pounds. I started eating differently (no surgery) last March (March 07) and have also lost 70 pounds ... It is much easier eating healthier when we do it together... cooking at home, portion control and close support have been great for both of us!
dbk1009
on 6/10/08 1:04 am - Coral Springs, FL
My wife had the surgery about 6 weeks ago, and has lost 36+lbs. I have since been eating a modified diet with her and lost 26lbs myself. I am much larger than her (5'10" 289 now vs. 4'11" 166), but I still think it is funny that no one but me notices I have lost any weight till I point it out...
Most Active