Serious Weight Loss

Recent Posts

lori1968
on 7/6/13 8:19 am
Topic: ottawa

hi i am from clearence-creek just wondering if there might be an exercise buddy out there i am having sergery on wen....day may be even in rockland thanks

s.brunet
on 10/24/12 6:55 am - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: RE: Support groups in Ottawa?
Hello there.  I'm just posting this here since it seems that there might be some interest in a support group (small maybe) for those who have undergone Gastric Bypass surgery.  I have had my own done, coming up on three years on the 5th of November.  I have had the pleasure of e-mentoring some other lovely people throughout the process and continue to do so.  But if there seems to be an interest in a monthly meeting, I am in a position to possibly host one.  If anyone here is interested, please let me know.  Or repost this to other friends in the area to see if they would be interested. 
Many Thanks,
Sylvie

joa62
on 10/22/12 4:07 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 10/17/12
Topic: RE: Support groups in Ottawa?
Hi did you find any group in ottawa for support? cause i am looking for one too and hard to find peoples in ottawa . i wish to meet people and talking about my experience . i just got my surgery last week. ty
Jhoolia
on 6/13/12 6:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: RE: Optifast?
Hi,
I just started at the civic and am waiting for that first information session. However I'm considering participating in their core program to get the ball rolling.
Julia
HopefullMelly
on 4/26/12 1:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Topic: Support groups in Ottawa?
I am new to this journey and am in the process of getting my RNY surgery.  I am going for the pre-surgery course in a few days as well as meeting my surgeon so I am close and really excited.  I am trying to find a local (Ottawa) support group I can attend to help me support wise and talk to people going through the same things.  If you could let me know if you know of any that would be great :)
Monique M.
on 3/29/12 2:40 am - Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Topic: RE: Optifast?
 Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the area - I guess better late than never.

I'm from the Ottawa region and go to the Civic Hospital as well - I am waiting for my Pre-Surgery Information Class as well  - When did you get your first Information session - mine was in October.

Can't wait to get that call.

I am new to the site - so I don't know of any exchange program - but would be nice to have someone to chat with that is going through the same thing.

Monique

Stephanie T.
on 1/28/12 5:57 am, edited 1/28/12 5:58 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 03/28/12
Topic: Optifast?
Hello, I am new to the Ottawa area, and have just transferred from Guelph Hospital to Civic.
I had my first appointment at Civic just last week and am now waiting to do the Pre-Surgery Information Class.
I have been in this for a year and a half now...getting impatient lol

Anyway, I was wondering if there was an Exchange in this area? Maybe for Opti-fast? Clothing?

Thanks
Stephanie