Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » On the other side o...

On the other side of a difficult situation.....

Cathy W.
on 7/24/08 9:00 pm
I've had a difficult few days. I feel very good about it. Some drama.....lots of emotions and anxiety. I am on the other side of it, had a couple of difficult conversations and DID NOT emotionally eat.

Honestly, there would have been times that I would have. Maybe not an all out "go for it" but enough to ease the emotional edges of the situation.

For me, , in my personal experience, working with clients and members, weight loss surgery success has phases. When I first had surgery, it was about losing weight. After that period of time, it was about maintaining my weight loss. Then, I experienced a weight regain and lost the weight. Now, it is about dealing with emotions, situations without the self-medication, numbing effects of emotional eating and food abuse.

This was a emotion-packed situation and I faced it, stood in my own truth, honored my feelings and did it without the assistance of food. I'm really happy. This situation along with other successes, builds momentum. If I succeeded in this situation without the assistance of emotional eating, I can do it again and again.....

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!