Lose Weight Find Life

Food for Thought

happylapbander
on 3/4/09 2:37 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL

March 17 I(St. Patricks Day  ) 'm going to attend an all day seminar on Maximizing Individual Performance by Eliminating Self-Defeating Behaviors and I wanted to share a thought from a book written by the person whose ideas the course is based on as I think it is something we all need to do and often don't

"As we evaluate our lives, it is important that we look, not only at our accomplishment, but also at the conditions under which we have labored.  We are all different and uniques individuals; we have each had different starting points in the race of life; we each have a unique mixture of talents and skills; we each have our own set of challenges and contraints to contend with.  Therefore, our judgment of ourselves and our achhievements should not merely include the size or magnitude and number of our accomlishments; it should also inclue the conditions that have existed and the effect that our efforts have had on others."  ((The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, p. 14-15)

Cathy W.
on 3/6/09 12:43 am
Hi HappyLapBander,

OMG - I love that blurb from the book you shared with us.  I have a document on my laptop of meaningful quotes I've read.  I refer to it when I've had a bad day or heading to the kitchen.  This quote will definite go on that document.

Thanks for sharing with us.  The seminar you're attending sounds awesome.  If you don't mind, I'd love to know about it after you've attended it.  I wish I could go with you as that is a topic I'd love to hear.

Thanks, Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

happylapbander
on 3/6/09 1:28 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I'm really looking forward to it.  I've never heard of this author but will probably order his book if the seminar proves useful.  Also, you might like to Goggle   bofy building  stress   .  I'm preparing one of their articles (without ads) on reducing stress to use as a handout with some of my patients.  They have other articles posted but haven't had time to look them over