Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » Hi New member to th...

Hi New member to the group

robinfrommilw
on 4/5/09 6:49 am - WI
Hi Everyone,

I am new member to the group. I have been on the website forum for awhile now. I saw the group figure I would join. I am from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am in the long process of the bariatric program. I went to the seminar on Jan 8, 2009. I saw the dietician and psychologist last month. I also seeing the dietician again this month. And I am seeing physical therapy there as well. I just recently had knee surgery on my left knee to remove tears out of my knee. I have osterarthritis in both knees, plantar faciitis in both feet. I been follow by a weight management doctor since Jan 2009 and he started me on phentermine. I started at my highest at 317.5 and when I saw him on April 3rd I weigh in at 282.5 lbs so I have lost 35 lbs since Jan. So this was my 4th visit with my weight management doctor. I know for insurance I need to be followed by a doctor for 6 months before they would consider paying for the rny. I have decided I want the rny I want something fast and more permanent. I want to able to be more active and hopefully get rid of many of my medical problems. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, sleep apnea, venous insuffiency w/statis, renal insuffiency and the others I mention above. I am tired of taking all these medications and medial problems. I want to be able to do things with my kids who are 11 and 14. I am tired of sitting on the side and jus****ching. I also hope my weight loss will help my kids as they are over weight as well.

Thank you for letting me join your group. I am not sure when my surgery will be schedule yet. I still have to meet with the surgeon and still don't know when that will be. I hope it will be soon. I either want to do this before my kids graduation or after there graduation. They both graduate on June 11th. My daughter graduates from 5th grade and son graduates from 8th grade. Time has flew by and been in this obese to long. I have been married 23 yrs now.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

LorraineH
on 4/5/09 12:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 05/12/09 with

Congratulations on the weight loss and for taking the steps to a better life and healthy body.
I'm doing the same. My surgery date is May 12th and I'm very excited.

Keep up the great work and I'm sure your kids will be so happy you did.

Lorraine

robinfrommilw
on 4/5/09 12:42 pm - WI
Thank you!
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

blessmysunnysoul
on 4/5/09 5:15 pm - rio dell, CA
Welcome back to life!!! U are going to be so happy a year down the road that u took this step to gain your life and health back.

Congrats!!
Noel

All that spirits desire, spirits attain. 

happylapbander
on 3/18/10 10:31 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Robin - WELCOME   I hope you find this group as helpful as I have.  Couldn't have gotten back/stayed on track without their caring and support.

I believe you can look forward to a reduction in your pain with the proper eating and weight loss than comes with bariatric surgery.

I wish you well.