Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » I just got back las...

I just got back last night from my rny surgery :)

robinfrommilw
on 7/31/09 12:46 pm - WI
Glad I am back home! Aurora Siani gets A+ in my book as does Dr Cua. I also give the male nurse and male assistant A+ as well. They were really great. I wish I had them the whole time there. They were going to argue with me who was going to waltz with me during my walk. When it came the nurse time I wasn't feeling well and in pain and too darn tired. Well I did 2 laps with his assistant. I had the morphine pump for 2 days. And came home on the liquid vicodin. I only took before bed last night, this morning and again before 6. I am sure I will need it before bed. But that is the least amout of time i needed for pain meds. Also I did 15 minutes on my recumbent bike approved by Dr Chua. Seems that my stomach doesn't hurt while I am doing int. I am going in few minutes to get my other 15 minutes. And hopefully tomorrow I will get in 3 times a day of 15 minutes each. Got to keep moving. Drinking my protein drinks. I had my inspire ice cream sandwich share one with my daughter today. Also try the new whey protein bullets had 1 ounce of each flavor, orange, grape and punch. I like the grape and punch. Orange was nasty. Tomorrow i will try the isopure zeo carb in the glass bottle and another shake. Trying to get all my protein. The medicine cups of foods for each meal my hubby, kids and friends get the biggest kick out of it. But you know what i am not hungry. But I still make myself eat it. I do get in my water as I can but drinking alot of protein stuff so that has water in it. taking my vitamins as well. Also my daily lovenox injections for the next 2 weeks. Also I got the IVC filter in. Also I have been passing gas alot and had my first bowel today but it wasn't alot but it was firm which is a good sign. I also put a cup of my miralax in this morning after my bm. Want to keep me regular. Well he said i should no longer need my prevacid that rny cures the acid reflux and said I had no hernia that was seen on the upper gi. Said it was the acid reflux. Well I just finish again on the recumbent bike this time 20 minutes.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

schmikam
on 8/17/09 5:50 pm
Your message is heartening for me. I see my surgeon Wednesday to hopefully set a date for surgery. It is good to read about how things go after the surgery and what to expect as far as pain and activity, etc.  Good luck and will check in again. 
BJT
on 10/5/09 7:40 am
Thanks for telling about your experience.  My surgery is scheduled for early November and I'll admit I'm getting a little anxious about it.  Partly because it seems like I have so much to do to get ready for when I come home and partly (a big part) because I'm not sure really what to expect about the time in the hospital and the first couple of weeks.  It helps a lot to hear from people who are going through it.