Lose Weight Find Life

**Hi Everyone!**

wildgoldcougar
on 3/21/10 1:34 pm - Akron, OH
Hi Everyone,
    I am Lisa and I had a RNY procedure done on February 2nd.  I haven't posted much because I just haven't felt really like myself.  However, I am starting to feel more social and ready to chat about these huge changes in my life.  
     I am losing weight since surgery, but it's slow ~ only about 3 lbs a week.  Is that normal?  Has anyone experienced this only 6 weeks out from surgery?  I lost about 18 lbs pre-op, and about 23 lbs post-op.  I didn't concentrate on getting the amount of protein I was told to get (65-75gm daily****il I was past a month post-op.  Although I'm doing really good now with it (even if some of doesn't taste so good).  
     I also didn't think about exercise over the last 6 weeks while I was recovering, but I am getting ready to start a plan this week.  I have the big bouncy ball (I think I'm supposed to sit on) and a stationary bike.  I like to walk with friends, but I walk a lot at work so I wanted to change up the exercise a bit.  I was curious about that Jenny McCarthy Web Cam exercise program that scans your body and how you move to make sure you are moving right....Does anyone have this to give me some feedback?  
     Oh, and by the way, I work third shift so my responses and posts may be at odd times.  I hope that is okay with everyone, and thanks for reading!! 
~Lisa.

Cathy W.
on 3/22/10 12:34 am
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for being part of my OH Group.  I enjoyed reading your post.

As far as your weight loss, the weight loss rate is so different for everyone.  If you are concerned, give your dietician a call to discuss it further.  He/She can review what you've been eating and activity. 

I checked into the Jenny McCarthy (Shape) program for Wii.  I was ready to get it but I read some reviews on it.  The reviews weren't all that great.  Many of them discussed that it wasn't really accurate so I didn't buy it.  I have Wii Fit Plus and LOVE, LOVE it.  There are tons of different "games" that are strength training, yoga, aerobics and balance.  My favorite is Step Advanced and it is so much fun yet a workout.  I have increased the workout by getting a riser for the balance board.

I look forward to getting to know you even better. 

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!