Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » Another quote - foo...

Another quote - food (no calories) for thought!

Cathy W.
on 4/5/10 1:58 am
As most of you know, I love quotes.  My best friend teases me that I can make any quote about the process of weight loss surgery, losing, maintaining and being on track.  This whole process since having surgery has changed my life - even the weight regain and losing it again, and staying on track.  I love quotes that provide inspiration, motivation and speak to me.

Here's one I wanted to share with all of you too!

"Before you struggle to get what you don’t really want, stop.  Consider what an exquisite miracle you already are." -Ralph Marston

For me, this quote essentially says that even though we may have more to lose, want to lose a weight regain, take our focus off what we don't want but focus on what we've already done.  If you have lost 100 pounds but have 50 to go, don't focus on the 50 but celebrate and really give yourself huge recognition for the 100.  

Have a great day!  Thanks for being in my OH Group!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Molly S.
on 4/5/10 10:01 pm - Chicago, IL
Wonderful inspiration!!!  Thanks just what I needed today Cathy!!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

peggy76
on 4/13/10 2:35 am - girardville, PA
 I love quotes to.... they have got me so far through this journey.... this one is a great one...  just what i needed today as well.... ive lost over 150 lbs but since i discovered i have a hernia an regained a few lbs i been moping around  eating trash (easter candy) and degrading myself even in my dreams.. calling my self a failure of all things..  dreaming of my over bearing mother who died when i was 16.... saying all the things she said an then some about my weight.... all over again... its been mental hell... but this  quote an u are right............ i have done one hell of a job working on getting heatlhier over the last yr an half... why should i put myself down over a lousy few lbs... gona go get dressed an go for a walk..  *deep breaths*..... thanks Cathy...