Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » Sitting disease?? ...

Sitting disease?? Really?

Cathy W.
on 4/11/10 7:17 am
Yes, believe it or not, this is the name of a condition that has been given by physicians.  It essentially is what it sounds - it is when a person spends too much time in a seated position. 

Obviously, this condition contributes to weight gain along with other physicial conditions.  If you sit at a desk for most of the day, make sure to take breaks such as walk up/down the stairs, rather than send an e-mail or call someone in your office, get up and talk to them yourself. 

I couldn't believe that there was a condition for sitting!!  I absolutely DO NOT want to be a candidate suffering from this condition.  I'm glad I did the Wii Fit Plus Advanced Step today!!  

Believe In Yourself,
Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

happylapbander
on 4/11/10 9:27 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sitting Disese?????  Wonder when it's going to show up in the DSM???   I also wonder if it wasn't a behavior the physician indulged in and wanted to ligitimize it LOL  Have a fun day, and MOVE before they find a pill or a shot to "cure" the problem. 
peggy76
on 4/13/10 2:20 am - girardville, PA
 wow really..... ok yeh im with previous poster..... moving now b4 they find a shot or something.... no more meds...  i dont want sitting disease....