Lose Weight Find Life

Yippee!!!

Molly S.
on 4/22/10 10:11 am - Chicago, IL
I finally made it to the health club today!!   I had not been to HC in over a year.  I had a wonderful workout and felt really good.  I wanted to stay another hour but I did not have the time.  I will be going back again tomorrow morning.  Thank you all for inspiring me to go back to health club. I always wonder what makes me stop going because I do love it once I get back into it.  I am so happy I finally reached this goal this month.  Now that I went today, I know I will continue to go 3 to 4 times a week.  Thanks again!!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

beccabecca66
on 4/22/10 12:11 pm - Houston, TX
Thats awesome!  What a great feeling.  I bet you are on a high right now.  Feels great to move that body!

I did my 3 walks today.  15 minutes each.  I can't walk much further because my back hurts.  I'd love to afford a health club so that i could strengthen my back muscles.  It will happen in time.

--becca

Cathy W.
on 4/23/10 8:19 am
Hi becca,

3 walks of 15 minutes each is great.  Any movement and activity counts.  I have an herniated disc in my neck that is very painful so I empathize with back pain.  You are right - it will happen in time.  I tell myself that often too.

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

beccabecca66
on 4/23/10 10:36 am - Houston, TX
Thank you for your encouragement.  Tonight I was whining to myself about all the work i did--laundry which is down two flights of stairs and general cleaning.  I didn't want to go on a walk.  My legs were tired, and my mind was not into it. 

Just then, I got my OH notification that I had messages. Reading your messages gave me the strength and motivation to get out and do something.  I told myself that I only had to walk to the corner and back, just to tell my mind that this is something I have to do to be healthy and fight back against that little devil on my shoulder giving me rationalizations for not walking.  And once i started, i figured why not finish.  I didn't go as far as I normally go, but i was gone for at least 15 minutes.

I am so proud of myself.  I feel strong and powerful.  That little devil is gone.  I kept repeating to myself the name of this group.  Lose Weight, Find Life.  This is my life now, and I am going to live it to the fullest!

Thank you again, both of you,

Becca

Molly S.
on 4/23/10 9:39 am - Chicago, IL

Every little bits counts!  Keep up the good work!!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Cathy W.
on 4/23/10 8:17 am
Hey Molly,

Good for you!!  I bet you feel awesome!  You've taken the first step to creating a habit for fitness. 

I admire your motivation.  You aren't just going for it - you've got it!!

Hugs, Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!