Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » Hello all new membe...

Hello all new member here

Chrissy H.
on 5/13/10 4:58 pm, edited 5/13/10 5:15 pm - Alton, IL
Just wanted to post and say hello to the group.  I'm Chrissy and I started my journey a few months back.  I have been approved for surgery but am currently in the process of having to lose weight before surgery, due to my surgeon's restrictions with BMI.  I am currently on low-carb diet and taking a new diabetes peptide injection called Victoza which has helped with appetite.  I am severely overweight and surgery is my last hope for a new chance at a better life with my daughters.  I'm so excited to begin this new life but get discouraged easily because I have so much to lose before surgery is performed (at least 50 pounds).  I wanted to join a group of upbeat, encouraging friends who seem to lift each other up and keep each other going.  I feel like perhaps I have found that group here.  Thanks for allowing me to join, and for reading my story.  Anxious to meet you all!

-Chrissy

angilfires
on 5/19/10 3:17 am - lakeside, CA
Hi Chrissy.

Welcome.  : )

I am also relatively new to this forum and I love it.  Some very helpful information as well as support when you want/need it.  Another wonderful forum is Back on Track Together.  If you join them both, you will truly have plenty of empowerment to become a little healthier every single day...emotionally and physically.

Congratulations on your adventure to "lose weight and find life".

: )

Gaby

Chrissy H.
on 6/5/10 4:12 pm - Alton, IL
Hello all and happy summer!
A quick update on how I'm doing.  Six weeks since I began and I'm down 25 pounds!!  I have alot to go but am totally ready for surgery and am only waiting for the call to say "let's go".  I'm doing so well and trying hard to stick with this because I know this will be the way I need to eat for life. 
Thanks for the encouragement.
-Chrissy