Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » Turn back time........

Turn back time.....

Cathy W.
on 7/22/10 3:50 am
I wish I could rewind time. A couple of things have coincided to make me wish I could rewind time.

My sons' birthdays are coming up within the next week. Although they are three years apart, their actual birth dates are six days apart. My older son will be 15 years old (learner's permit to drive??!!!) I cannot believe he is 15. When I look at him, I still see this baby, toddler and at his oldest, third grade. We are very close. Both of my sons are the joys of my life.

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine sent me some photos she had when he was in third grade. I cried. I seriously cried. The feelings of "where has the time gone" flooded over me.

I have spent so much of my life, my every single days, worrying about...thinking about...stressing about...downright preoccupied with food and my weight. I've missed out on so much in my life due to what I did or didn't weigh.

When I eat on track, I am so much more present, and in the here and now. I pay attention to things that I otherwise miss out on thinking about what I want to eat, need to eat, what I weight, blah, blah, blah. To anyone else, this sounds crazy. Since having WLS, this has changed to a large part. There are still times that the voice of head hunger screams so loud in my head that I don't become preoccupied - it happens. However, I am much more aware of time - time spent with my wonderful husband and sons, my special friends, and things I love to do.

It is important to me to live without regrets. I believe I am much, much more aware of how time passes and the importance of treasuring my time with those I love and things I love. That isn't to say that I wouldn't love to rewind time to those days when my sons were younger - I would. All of my experiences - both good and not so good - have made me who I am today. I have learned the lesson of treasuring my time - every single day. It isn't just a day but a treasured time to be with those I love, do the things I love, to live the very best life that I can. For today, be a little less focused on what you weigh or don't weigh, what you want to eat versus what you need to eat - do something today just for you. With you, I do that every day for myself. It is as little as giving extra hugs or spending a few extra minutes hanging out with my sons and husband or talking with a special friend, taking a walk not to burn calories but for some "ME" time.

Treasure what matters the most to you!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!