Lose Weight Find Life

My first 5K

Tracy G.
on 8/10/10 4:52 am - Abingdon, MD
I was reading blogs of different people on obesityhelp.com and I read one about a guy who lost tons of weight and started running - 5K, 1/2 marathons, marathons, and even an Iron man. The more I thought about the more I wanted to try. I am still over 200 pounds. Running isn't easy but I am trying.  Some friends on Facebook gave me a website to help me get started. I wanted to share that with anyone here who would be interested. They have a link on Facebook where people share ideas about what is working and what is not, what hurts and what shouldn't. The website is www.coolrunning.com The program is called Couch-to-5K (C25K) It is a pretty good workout. I started yesterday. My body isn't giving me any love today but I feel good about myself. If you are interested in working through the program and want a support buddy let me know. Also if anyone lives in Maryland and wants to do a 5K in Fredrick, Md on Oct 16 for St. Jude's let me know! I feel good having a goal. Have you set any new goals lately?

Cathy W.
on 8/16/10 10:39 pm
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for sharing the site and providing a link.  I checked it out and it looks great!!

Unfortunately, I don't live in Maryland.  It is a great cause.  I'll be cheering you on.

Thanks for your post.

Take care, Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Tracy G.
on 8/17/10 12:24 am - Abingdon, MD

Thanks Cathy!!!!