Lose Weight Find Life

Groups » Lose Weight Find Lif... » Discussion » My List of Little T...

My List of Little Things To Do to Get BOT!

Cathy W.
on 8/28/10 4:04 am
Hi OH Friends,

In my quest to get FIRMLY back on track, I've thought of a few things to try. I wanted to share them with you so here are some of them below. I'd love to hear some of yours too!

1. Mix Crystal Lite in my water to give some flavor and variety to plain water.

2. I'm on the phone a lot. Rather than plant myself in a comfy chair, get up and walk around.

3. Study the nutrition breakdown and ingredient list. If you can't pronounce any of the first 5 ingredients, don't buy it.

4. Drink herbal tea.

5. Pack a lunch or snacks when out.

6. Sprinkle flax seeds in oatmeal or stir frys.

7. Eat more vegetables. I love my chicken but I'm eating more vegetable soup and veggie stir frys.

8. If I'm hungry before I should be (shortly after a meal), I drink two glasses of water. Thirst can be interpreted as hunger.

9. Eat a chunky salad full of fresh vegetables.

10. Rather than pour dressing, use the spray kind.
I've used considerably less dressing since doing this.

11. Call a friend. If I'm stressed, mad, upset, annoyed, overwhelmed, bored, etc., etc......when I call a trusted friend, I always feel better. Friends are priceless gems in our lives.

12. Log my food. When I log my food, I do much better. There's something about seeing unhealthy choices in my food log that are a great deterrent.

13. Buy small. Think small. The only thing I buy large is a bottle of water.

14. I have a big pot of vegetable soup in the fridge and frozen broken down into servings. What is more comforting than soup!!??

15. Blot the fat from anything that you see those shiny little puddles waiting to clog your arteries. Ick!

16. Fast forward when you're considering an unhealthy food choice. Fast forward physically (you'll feel blah) and fast forward emotionally (you'll feel even more blah about yourself and your choices).

17. When making a choice, ask if the choice will move your forward toward your goals or pull you away further.

18. Move at every opportunity. Every stair, step, or lift counts.

19. Cruise the Internet to find something new to read or try that uplifts you.

20. Post something inspirational either here on my blog or your fave website.

21. Do something nice for yourself every day. It doesn't have to be big, preferably small so you do it every day. Today, I took a 10-minute break and played ball with my dog. It made us both happy!

Thanks, Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!