Lose Weight Find Life

Mindless Eating

Cathy W.
on 9/29/10 11:43 pm
I've posted about this topic on my blog but wanted to share about it here too because it is SO important. 

I have a personal policy - don't do anything when I am eating.  If I work while I'm eating, my brain doesn't register that I've eaten.  Pre-op, I used to eat while I drove....completely unsafe!!  I was reminded of why I have my personal policy this morning. 

I was in the middle of writing an article and was really hungry.  My hunger was interferring with my ability to focus on what I was writing.  However, I was on a roll and wanted to continue writing so I didn't lose my momentum.  I pulled out a couple of string cheese (Sargento Light-YUM!) and proceeded to eat and write.  Before I knew it, I looked down at two empty wrappers and had no, I repeat, NO recollection of eating them.  Did the dog or cat eat them?  No, I had the taste in my mouth but I couldn't remember eating them. 

So......lesson for today:  Stick to your personal policy to avoid mindless eating - eat when you eat; write when you write (or do anything) and allow for no crossover. 

Some of my rules (for the rebels that may be reading - cross out rules and insert guidelines) for mindless eating avoidance are on my blog.  It is a pretty long list so if you're interested, please go to:  www.mydailyminutes.com

For me, two of the biggest potholes in my WLS success are (1) Grazing, and (2) Mindless Eating.  When I follow my personal policies on grazing and mindless eating, I feel so much better and stronger-physically AND emotionally!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!