Singles to Mingle

Groups » Singles to Mingle » Discussion » Thank you and welco...

Thank you and welcome!!!

Leigh Ann G.
on 4/6/10 9:02 pm - Bunker Hill, IN
I wanted to start out by saying thank you for joining the group.  I hope that it is beneficial in the way of getting to know others that are single.  I know from my experience that I am having a hard time getting back into the dating scene and have no where to turn to meet new people.  I live in a very small town and the next biggest towns do not have good places to meet people (bars, not interested). 

I am hoping that we keep this group active in getting to know each other.  I thought what a better place then here for us to meet singles that have at least one thing in common and then moving on from there.  I have found that with the lifestyle change that I have made because of my decision to have RNY, that it is hard for some to grasp at the fact that we are not the same people that we were before.  Yes we are the same people, but we have changed in one shape or form.  I think that alot of people do not know enough information about the types of obesity and what it can do to your body and life.  Then when you try to better yourself healthwise, it seems that there is someone there to take you down.  That is what I am finding.

I have some friends (and yes I still call them friends, because I would have no one if I did not) who always wanted to go out and have a good time when I was heavier.  I was always the "fat friend" and they knew that there was not any competition for men.  Now that I am the "skinny friend" they (none of them) have asked me to go out at all.  I think that they are afraid that I might be approached instead of them.  My intention is not to go out and block all of my friends from meeting others who might find them attractive.  I just like to go to have fun, normally dancing and socializing. 

So now that is a little about me and I hope that you post often, and PLEASE tell your friends about this group so we can keep it alive.

Leigh Ann (Momof3ds)   OH Support Group Leader
Pre-op: 346/Current: 144/ My Goal: 165/ Dr. Goal 160/ My New Goal: 145, Surgery Date:  March 12,2008
Panni Removal May 28, 2010, Revision to Panni Removal December 23, 2010 with Dr. Thomas Southern, Indianapolis, Indiana

GOAL REACHED 11/29/2009

New GOAL set @ 146 pounds!!!! Reached second goal, now at 144, it's all a number game now!!!

The beauty of a woman is not seen through what she wears. It is seen through how she carries herself and the way she doesn’t allow herself to settle. Don’t ever let anyone take for granted the beauty that is within you. Stand firm and know that you’re a wonderful person. Always remember your value and respect yourself. I’m so blessed to have you in my life.  Sometimes we all need to be reminded how special we really are!