It is up to me

Groups » It is up to me » Discussion » Challenge anyone?

Challenge anyone?

Kit08
on 8/21/08 5:25 am
 Hey gang!
 I was wondering if anyone would be up for a challenge of some sort.  Maybe like a "drink our water"  daily challenge.  Or an exercise challenge?
For example, maybe we could all commit to drink 1 gallon of water a day for a month?
Or commit to walk 3,000 steps a day?  Or exercise 2 x per week?  More challenging?  Or less?

I feel we all are struggling in our own various ways and maybe if we could have more commitment to each other via this website, then maybe it would just strengthen each of us and help us out until we meet again once each month.
Maybe we could put a weekly or bi-weekly online meeting together and support each other that way. That would give us a chance to share our weaknesses, victories, ask questions, share recipes...etc.

Thoughts anyone?

Shawnie

melcha
on 8/21/08 10:48 am - Winter Haven, FL
Awesome idea!   Ira is ahead of the rest of us...tomorrow marks 3 weeks with no Coke.   I need to recommit....I think I'm going to do the water.    I was maintaining at least 120 ozs and I have dropped off!   If you all will let me know when you would like to do an on-line group I will be more than happy to set it up.  
Kit08
on 8/25/08 4:28 am
 Cool.  Well, should we plan to meet online once a month?  So if our next meeting is Sep 16th, then maybe we can set up a meeting for Tues. Sep 2nd (2 weeks before).  And then the next online meeting could be 2 weeks after the 16th.  We could maybe set it up for the same time - around 7pm? Or if it's easier for those with little ones, maybe we could chat around 9pm after the kids are in bed?

Anyway, this way, we're meeting twice a month, one online meeting & the other in person.  If this goes well then maybe we can bump up the online meeting to weekly.  I realize everyone is busy with their life.

On another note, mom has lost a total of 37 lbs.  It's been a month since her surgery.  YEAH!!!!
cfielders
on 8/25/08 2:17 am - Lakeland, FL
Yeah, getting the water in is very hard for me.  I start the day with good intentions and then by the end I realize that I just didn't make the cut.  Then there's the fact that if you eat three meals a day, that's three hours of no drinking time added to the time you take to eat your meal.  I keep joking that I'm going to get one of those hats that has two holders on each side with straws to your mouth and pu****er in them!

Chris

melcha
Support Group Coach

IraSansolo
Suppot Group Coach