It is up to me

Groups » It is up to me » Discussion » One month and 2 day...

One month and 2 days off "Coke"

Ira Sansolo
on 9/3/08 6:05 am - Winter Haven, FL

Last month we attended a nutrition seminar, and the Dr. that did it took out a bottle of Pepsi and proceeded to explain what just one bottle of a soft drink of this type can do to you. I have been a Coke drinker, at least 4 cans per day, for probably the last 35 years. I enjoyed every second of it. After hearing the cold hard facts that each can had 39g of sugar, 140 calories,  39g of carbs. and 0 protein. I am a type 2 controlled diabetic, controlled, with medication that is. She also told us that when you drink Pepsi or Coke the acid that it produces replaces your normal acid in your stomach. So all these years I was basically putting “battery acid” in my stomach.

Well 1 month and two days later, I only drink water and I am proud to say that I have lost about 7lbs. my morning sugar readings are between 80-90. This is just from one month. I drink 4-5 bottles of water a day and feel a lot better. It took a Dr. talking to a support group of Bariatric Weight Loss patients to make me realize what others have told me for years. Just my way of saying thank you to all of you for helping me to better health!

Ira

Ira H Sansolo
Obesity Help Support Group Coach 
Co-Leader "Its up to you"
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/UpToMe/

" The secret is, there is no secret, you just have to believe."
                       (From Kung Fu Panda)

cfielders
on 9/7/08 1:55 am - Lakeland, FL
Way to go, Ira!  People don't realize how much sugar and other bad stuff that sodas have.  Once in awhile isn't bad but all the time will catch up to you!

I look forward to seeing everyone at this month's meeting.  By my scale, I'm down 49 pounds!  I go see Dr. R on Monday to get the "official" weight.  I'm just so glad I did this, and thank Melissa every day for keeping me from backing out!

Chris
Ira Sansolo
on 9/7/08 5:57 am - Winter Haven, FL
Thank you Chris for your kind words, at this point I really don't even miss it. Plus water is a lot cheaper that looking for deals on Coke and it never goes "flat". (lol)

Ira

Ira H Sansolo

(From Kung Fu Panda)

Ira Sansolo
on 10/12/08 1:34 am - Winter Haven, FL
UPDATE- When I have good news I always like to let you all know also. I am over 2 months off Coke, when I saw the Dr. last month my A1C had already dropped one full percentage point. My morning glucose readings are between 75-90 and my weight is moderating within 2 lbs. I am not saying this to brag, but we all make different commitments to ourselves, you all have made a huge commitment in your journey in weight loss surgery and I an so proud of each one of you. My point of telling you this story, is whether you loose 1lb or can breath better, or walk better, that is better that you were 1 year ago today. I like to pat my self on the back (my ego can get a little big), you should all do the same each and every day.  Remember that old song "Give it your best, don't let anybody (including yourself) tell you you can't do it. Best of luck, see you soon.

Ira H Sansolo

(From Kung Fu Panda)

melcha
Support Group Coach

IraSansolo
Suppot Group Coach