It is up to me

Groups » It is up to me » Discussion » Liquid Diet Help

Liquid Diet Help

Terra75
on 3/22/09 11:38 am - FL
I'm going to be starting my liquid diet this Friday.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through this?  Also, any suggestions on liquids would helpful as well.

cfielders
on 3/24/09 3:23 am - Lakeland, FL
Just keep drinking lots of water, etc.  The first few days were a little rough for me, but then you adjust and it's not so bad.  I drank a lot of water and Crystal Lite throughout the day, and chewed a lot of sugar free gum.  I did find a bouillon that was extra good - found it at Publix.  I think it is something like "better than bouillon" or something like that but it's a paste, not a dried cube.  The turkey flavor was actually my life saver.  After a while, the chicken and beef broth got a little old so turkey was helpful.  Sugar free jello too - more chewing stuff.

Hang in there!  Today is my nine month anniversary of my banding and I've lost 91 pounds so far.  It's the best thing I've ever done for myself!

Chris
melcha
on 3/26/09 9:54 am - Winter Haven, FL
Chris had some great suggestions, my question would be is this pre op or post op?  Not sure if it makes a difference with your surgeon but with ours we had to stick to Opifast for the two weeks before surgery.  

melcha
Support Group Coach

IraSansolo
Suppot Group Coach