Wichita WLS

Groups » Wichita WLS » Discussion » Introduction: Jc

Introduction: Jc

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/10 10:06 am
Hi - I'm two years post-op, living in Winfield.  Dr. Bernita Berntsen is my surgeon;  it was lap and without any complications, although I should have been a high risk patient due to my (very) high surgical weight.

I have not yet made my goal, but I continue to lose steadily, approximately 8-10 pounds a month, as long as I watch the carbs and follow the rest of the "rules" of WLS:  protein firs****er, and vitamins.  I have NO regrets about the surgery except that I did not do it sooner.  Even my worst day post-op was better than weighing what I used to weigh.

I highly recommend the DS procedure and would suggest that you do your research carefully when choosing a surgery.  It has the best stats for total weight loss and for maintaining weight loss after surgery.  It sounds more invasive, but I don't think that it really has been, and I've had none of the problems that are sometimes mentioned here on the message boards.

Anyway ... nice to meet you all!

Jc
Mendee M.
on 10/19/10 9:45 am - Mulvane, KS
Hi JC! Welcome to the group!

I have heard good things from several people about the DS. Nina, who comes to our local support group meeting had it and is thrilled as well. I am sure there are nay-sayers, as with all WLS types, but everyone has to decide what option is best for them. Education is key!

It might be a long drive for you, but if you would like to come to a support meeting, please feel free to join us! We take everyone!  The meetings are the third Tues of the month at Wesley, in the Jayhawk conference room (right inside the door from the parking garage).

Also, since you are a veteran WLS patient, please feel free to post any tips you might have for the newbies!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!