Wichita WLS

Groups » Wichita WLS » Discussion » Intro - Alicia

Intro - Alicia

Alicia L.
on 10/24/10 1:01 pm - Wichita, KS
Hey everyone!

I'm Alicia, from Wichita.  I've lived in this area my whole life (grew up in the 'burbs), and really have never thought about living anywhere else.  I'm pre-op, but I'm tentatively schedudled for November 11.  I'll know for sure Tuesday when I have my last pre op visit. 

Even though I'm from here, I'm actually having my surgery down in Oklahoma.  I'm having a VSG, and I am extremely excited!  In addition to the health benefits, I am so looking forward having an easier time at taekwondo (I'm a 3rd degree black belt) and my dance classes (middle eastern belly dance)!

I look forward to getting to know everyone.  I plan to come to the Wesley support group this Tuesday evening.

Alicia
Mendee M.
on 10/26/10 11:16 am - Mulvane, KS
Hi Alicia! Welcome to the group!

I can attest that losing the weight makes your favorite activities easier. My husband and I like the mountains and outdoors. Last spring we went hiking in Rocky Mountain Natl. Park, and instead of just walking the "walking paths" we actually hiked up the mountain. I can't wait till we can go back to Yellowstone so I can get a closer look at things instead of looking at the scenery from the car!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Alicia L.
on 10/26/10 12:57 pm - Wichita, KS
Thanks Mendee!

I actually grew up in Mulvane.  I graduated from HS there, and my parents still live there.  I come through often!
Mendee M.
on 10/30/10 4:06 am - Mulvane, KS
What year did you graduate? I went to hight school here, but moved away for a while... Now I am back. Funny, you hate the place as a kid, but love it as a parent!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Alicia L.
on 11/1/10 11:33 am - Wichita, KS
I graduated in 1995.  My sister lived there for a little while and had her kids in school there, and it was so weird to go into their schools and see how they've changed !

Find me on facebook: facebook.com/shoppinggirl
I also routinely update my blog, www.memyselfandalicia.com