Wichita WLS

Groups » Wichita WLS » Discussion » 2 years ago today.....

2 years ago today....

Mendee M.
on 11/11/10 9:39 am - Mulvane, KS
I was waking up in SICU at Wesley after my RNY and huge hiatal hernia repair. I can't believe it has been 2 years! Sometimes it seems just like yesterday, and other times it seems like an eternity ago. I can say that having the surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself. And yes, I did it for MYSELF, not anyone else.   I am very happy with my results, and would have never imagined I would lose half myself (267 to 135).
There have been a few struggles along the way, but the more time passes, the more those struggles fade. I still get reminded every now and then that I have had surgery. If I eat something I shouldn't eat, or eat too fast, or if I don't get my water in I will be reminded of "the rules". But overall, my life seems very normal. What I eat and the amount I eat seems normal. I don't feel I "eat like a bird". However, observing the volume of food others eat now seems very UN-NORMAL!

I would never tell anyone that WLS is easy because it isn't. And the people who say it is the "easy way out" have no clue! But I can say that any bad times you may have in the beginning all become faint memories as time passes. And soon, you may even forget them entirely because all the new good memories and experiences take their place.

I LOVE MY RNY!!!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
shayla82
on 11/13/10 11:28 am - Pratt, KS
I needed to read this tonight!!  You are truly and inspiration!  You have done so well, and look great!  Thanks for starting this group!

40 lbs lost Pre-Op