Wichita WLS

Groups » Wichita WLS » Discussion » Done and Back Home!...

Done and Back Home!

Alicia L.
on 11/12/10 10:22 am - Wichita, KS
Hey Everyone!

I can't believe it, but I did it!  Wednesday, November 10, I had my VSG done!  I stayed overnight in the hospital and gained 3 pounds of fluid.  I was really nervous about the fluid gain, because my patient advocate who had RNY had gained 12 lbs! 

So, how do I feel?  Sore is what comes to mind.  I really thought I would hurt inside, but I don't. My incision sites are very tender, and I can manage the pain with tylenol instead of Lortab.  For some reason, Lortab makes me sick.  Probably because you're supposed to take it with food, and I can't eat food right now!  So, I'm going to try some tylenol tonight to help me get to sleep.

I'm having trouble getting all my fluids in.  I got 64 in yesterday, but my stomach was so distended that I felt miserable!  I'm sitting at about 50 oz now, and I think I'll make it.  I just need to remember to take small sips!  Every once in a while, I will accidentally take a normal drink and ouch!  I know the drinking will be easier as my swelling goes down, but it's hard not to get discouraged!

I know the first few days are the hardest, and I'm still happy I had the surgery, I just need to give myself time to recover!

Find me on facebook: facebook.com/shoppinggirl
I also routinely update my blog, www.memyselfandalicia.com