Bariatric Buddy

Today

CamilleSweetyPi
on 3/20/12 12:08 pm - GA

Today I started this account on Obesityhelp.com. I want to be a part of a community of people going through the same experiences that I am. I hope that my posts and stories help and encourage others, and I would like to read some of these Amazing individuals experiences too. I look forward to sharing!! I started my journey in June of last year. I have found the need for a support group is as neccessary as my doctor said it was. I hope to find that here.

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 3/21/12 1:52 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Camille,
    Thanks for posting. You are very welcome here. Things have been very slow around here lately. There are so many things happening to those who used to be here regularly. I'm on an all out effort to get people posting their stories, events and questions. Lets get this group back to being the caring sharing and guiding group we can be again.    Mag    

Kathy B.
on 3/26/12 2:35 am - Virginia, MN
Welcome to the group Camille.  As Mag put it, things have been slow.  Keep posting, reading and know that we are here for your support. 

I am about 2.5 years post RNY and doing things that I only dreamed of accomplishing before surgery.  I agree support makes all the difference.
OH Support Group Leader
Come visit us at the bariatric buddy group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy/welcome

CamilleSweetyPi
on 3/31/12 1:29 pm, edited 3/31/12 1:29 pm - GA
Hi Mag and Kathy!
 Sorry I havent been able to post lately. I have a 13 year old daughter and 3 teenage stepkids. LOL...Its been Busy! 
 So here's the first thing I need to share. I used to walk into a room, restaurant, store, etc. and people would stare. I knew why they stared or looked at me. I was the Elephant that had just entered the room. Now, I dont know why they look or stare. I still feel like I'm the elephant in the room, but then I realize, WAIT I'm under 200 lbs and shrinking. Thats NOT what they are looking at anymore. Sometimes it gets to me and I dont know how to respond or even feel about it. Am I a freak? Do they all know? I sound crazy huh? I guess, I'm just wondering if its normal to have to "find myself" in this smaller suit. Am I nuts that I feel like I have to redefine who I am? I almost had an anxiety attack about it one day. I was smaller when I was younger, but it's different now because Ive been big for so long, I guess, and because I'm a mom now, and I'm older, and....am I just thinking too much? I'm not sad or depressed or miserable. I'm elated at the new me. I just need alittle insight on how to get used to it?
Happy Day!
Camille

Kathy B.
on 4/1/12 9:42 am - Virginia, MN
I know how life can overtake us.  You do have your hands full with 4 teens. 

It is hard to wrap our minds around the new shape in the mirror after surgery.  Mental images have been in our minds.  Hard to shed the large girl suit.  They are looking at a "healthier woman" entering the doorway.  Congrats on your success!!
OH Support Group Leader
Come visit us at the bariatric buddy group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy/welcome

Patrece S.
Group Leader

Kathy B.
Co- Leader