Bariatric Buddy

Guidance...

tjmbubbles
on 3/27/12 4:48 am - McMinnville, OR
Hi to my new friends!  I am looking for some guidance as to either have the gastic bypass I had in 2003 reversed since I gained all my weight back or do the lap band.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

And the insurance I have will not cover either surgery so any suggestions for private insurance company who would cover either surgery.

~tjmbubbles
BIGMOMMAOF3
on 3/27/12 9:28 am
I had the lap band put in in 09 and am embarressed to sat weigh more than before the surgery.  It doesn't work on everryone especially me I heard the gastric bypass is much better I get stuck all the time and am in complete pain This new diet restricts you so much its crazy If I knew about this crap before I would have gotten the bypass.  For now I am just trying to work with my toolwhom I've named Bandie by making healthy choices, exercising, drinking alot of water and getting a lot of supportthru oh.  I also try not to talk to ppl about my wls who dont give me support  If thery try and bring me down with negative remarks they aren't worth my time.  I wish you all the luck in whatever you choose to do 
Kathy B.
on 4/1/12 9:14 am - Virginia, MN
Hi BIGMOMMAOF3.  Remember to chew, chew, chew, I forget and have discomfort every once in a while.  Check our the answer I posted to tjm above.  Time to maximize your tool.  No grazing.  Separate solids from liquid consumption.

I catch myself having a sip of fluid with my meal, then another and another, and find that I can eat waaaaay more than I need to.

I agree to keep sharing wls with those than can support you.  Log your foods, review the log and check for unhealthy trends.  Visit with your surgeon to review your options.  Make the best healthy choices that you can.  Let's visit during monday chat time.
OH Support Group Leader
Come visit us at the bariatric buddy group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy/welcome

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 3/30/12 2:43 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi,
     I'm sorry you gained your weight back. You are the only one who can make the choice of what to do now. I'm only 1 year out so I can't address the long term weight issue. The only thing I can tell you, you all ready know. As already stated this WLS is just a tool as is healthy eating and exercise. My surgeon told me that that malabsorption last about 1 year to 18 months. It gives us time to put our old habits aside and get new healthy habits. Good luck with your decision. I want you to be successful. Keep posting and let us know what you decided to do and how it is working for you. We are here for you in your efforts to reinstate a healthier you.l    Mag   

Kathy B.
on 4/1/12 9:07 am - Virginia, MN
Welcome to the group tjm.  Have you been following up with your surgeon?  The tool is still there, possible stretched, but there.  Have you fallen back on presurgery habits?  I don't believe that a gastric bypass can be reversed.  You could possible have a band applied over your bypass, or I have heard of the 'rose' procedure.  Not sure who is doing the later. 

I would start with a few visits with your dietician, keeping a food log like we did when we were fresh out from surgery.  Review this log after a week or so and look for unhealthy patterns.  You are the only one that can hurt you.

What are you doing for exercise?  Post and let us know how we can help support the healthy decisions that we all need to follow.  Vow to be kind to yourself.  Come to monday chat session to visit.
OH Support Group Leader
Come visit us at the bariatric buddy group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy/welcome

Patrece S.
Group Leader

Kathy B.
Co- Leader