Bariatric Buddy

Hi

nascarmom88
on 3/10/15 1:38 am

I am new to this group and new to the whole discussion thing. I had my surgery scheduled for the week of Christmas 2014 and then moved it to 12/1/14 because my children were afraid that I wouldn't be home for the holidays. I cancelled that date as well because it wasn't enough time according to my husband to notify our clients. I still really want to have the surgery and plan on doing it over the summer. I am determined to be healthy but scared as well. What led those of you that had surgery to that decision?

Busybee3
on 3/15/15 4:32 am, edited 3/15/15 4:33 am

Hello

I also new to this discussion thing. I have decided to have Bariatric surgery. I have attended an information session and now I have an appointment with my surgeon on April 2nd. Does anyone have any suggestions or questions I should ask the surgeon? What should I expect from my first visit with my surgeon?

Shannon311
on 3/18/15 1:30 am, edited 3/18/15 1:30 am
VSG on 03/19/15

Hi NASCARmom I'm new too. Having my surgery tomorrow. I have been looking into surgery for years but always wanted to try and lose weight without it. That never happened. My parents had both wanted me to have it for years. My biggest motivation was turning 40. My dad had a massive heart attack at 40. So I decided I better do something quick. About a week after I made the decision he had another heart attack and passed away which made me even more determined. My health is my main motivater. I want to be around for many more years!

Jamie L.
on 4/20/15 5:29 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

I had my Gastric Sleeve surgery June 2, 2014 and it’s the best thing I have ever done.  After 40+ years of yo-yo dieting I was tired of working so hard to lose the weight and then eventually gaining it back. It was not just a matter of “knowing what to eat” or “having willpower”, it was a constant battle with my body.  I am now close to one year post surgery and only 12 pounds from where my Doctor thinks my weight will stabilize.  I have lost 87 lbs. so far and I’m 7 lbs. UNDER my Weigh****chers “lifetime” goal.  I have gone from a size 16-18 dress to size 4-6.  This was not a “magic pill” or “quick fix” and sometimes it can be hard when my “Brain” wants to eat but my stomach is FULL, but it is the best thing I have ever done and I would do it again in a second. I have finally stopped doing everything for everyone else and I'm doing this for ME!

Patrece S.
Group Leader

Kathy B.
Co- Leader