DFW Supporters

Groups » DFW Supporters » Discussion » Prepare for the New...

Prepare for the New Year now !

1texasmom
on 12/16/09 1:05 am
Put your thinking hat on.  Do not let the holiday's pass you by only to wake up on Janurary 1 without any plan to get your body and mind out of holiday mode. 

Print your gym's hours and their aerobics schedule.  Make a shopping list for bariatric friendly foods.  Pull out some recipes that you like.  Sign up for a free fitday account, or get a calorie counter book.  Make a copy of your medical team's meal plan.  Stock up on vitamins.  Schedule a workout with a buddy.  Get a new journal to track your progress.  Buys some stickers to put in your journal for a reward when you work out, stick to plan, take your vitamins or hit a goal. 

Put all of this in a folder that you can open on the 1st and be ready to hit the ground running.

What are you doing to kick start 2010 and to be the healthiest you you can be?

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

1texasmom
on 12/26/09 1:31 am
I got new stainless steel water bottles for Christmas!  I love these and am excited to have something new to "freshen up" my time at the gym. 

Sometime this weekend I'm going to download all of the information from my Polar heart rate monitor and compare my stats for 2009.  The information will give me some additional motivation as I set my 2010 goals.  I'll post later to let you know my findings and we'll get a 2010 goals thread going soon.

Let me her from you. And you newbies, please post so that we can get to know you. 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160