Duodenal Switch Friendly Recipes

Vitamin Shake

Elia-B
on 3/20/11 2:17 am

I've been having trouble taking my vitamins recently because the chewables have such a strong flavor... then it occurred to me to turn them into a drink.  This is what I've been doing...

Add vitamins to blender - I have one of those little magic bullets and it works great!
  add 3 multi's (ADEK tropical tablet from Bariatric Advantage)
  vit D
  calcium (cinnamon tablet from Bariatric Advantage)
  Biotin
  plus whatever other supplements I want to add

Pulverize in blender

Add about 4 tablespoons half and half and mix.

The flavor is quite pleasant and I'm able to get a whole lot of vitamins down all in one go!  (well... four or five swallows)

MsPoolShark
on 3/22/11 1:08 am - Toronto, Canada
This is such a great idea. I have trouble with my multi's due to the size of them. Will definitely try this. Thanks for posting.
Check out this DS Friendly Recipe group here: www.obesityhelp.com/group/ds_friendly_recipes/

Elia-B
on 3/22/11 1:45 am
Thanks!  Now I just need to practice a little discipline and do it regularly.  I'm trying to do it right when I get home before doing anything else, right in that window between getting home and changing out of work clothes and figuring out what I want to have for dinner.  If I can get it down right after I get home from work, it has a chance to move through my stomach by the time I've got dinner ready.  But, it is a really effective way to get a lot of things down quickly.

I was really surprised that OH doesn't have a dedicated page for recipes.  It's awesome that you are trying to create a central location.
Elia-B
on 3/27/11 7:48 am
 I've made another adjustment in how I'm doing this.  I pulverized vitamins for a set # of days (so I wouldn't have to do it every day), mixing them all up together.  And, instead of mixing them with half and half after pulverizing them, I'm letting it stay as a powder to be added to a liquid when I get ready to take them.  Working pretty good so far and I can switch up what type of liquid I add them to.