Obesity Help Exercise Challenge

Just joined

jenrobkat
on 9/23/08 1:16 am - Irvine, CA
Happy Tuesday!!

I just joined and would like to introduce myself. I am a 26 year old. I had bypass surgery in Nov 2006 at top weight of 325. I currently weigh 172 and would like to recommit myself to losing the last 23 pounds to make my goal of under 150 pounds. I was a very motivated and determined until Jan/Feb of this year when I let life take over. I am recommiting myself to my goal and would like help. Encouragement, an exercise partner etc.

thank you

jen
slv418
on 11/3/11 6:29 am - MD
 I just had lap band surgery on the 31st.  I would love to help you, and need support myself.  I started at 217 & am now 198.6.  I am feeling a little down today thinking of the long road ahead.  I am afraid I may not be able to stay committed but so many people are counting on me and I really need to do this for my health.  Did you go through a down period after your surgery?  I never expected this surgery to be so intense.  It was more invasive then I expected.  I feel worse than I expected.  I have walked every day since my surgery, and plan to walk a 5K as my first goal.  After I heal I plan to swim since I love the water.  I am so afraid life will get in my way.  Money is tight and our schedule is tighter.  It is hard for me to put me first.  I look forward to hearing from you. 
Ada L.
on 1/27/09 8:26 am - South San Francisco, CA
Well, it's Tuesday again, but in January 2009!

I just joined this group today. Had my second visit with my surgeon and have been approved for the Realize Band, so a letter requesting authorization has gone in to my insurance company and I should be able to set the date very soon.

I joined this group because my biggest challenge now and later will be to get onto the exercise track. I know that if I achieve the goal of incorporating a lot more exercise into my life, that I will lose weight more effectively and keep it off. I have over 100 lbs to lose once i get started and i want to be successful at this.

thanks!
Ada