Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Pre-op Liquid diet

wendiwoo
on 7/25/09 5:31 am
 Hi, I'm new to this group and wanted to give a good ole TX sized HELLO! That being said, I started this journey a little over a month ago and it has been a whirl wind. My insurance was approved in a day. That you Jesus! I am now on my pre-op liquid diet and my lap band surgery is set for July 29th. I can't wait to have this part behind me. I was doing pretty good but the last two days I have been having dizzy spells. YUCK! I only have a few more days of this but does anyone have ANY pointers on this stage of the plan. Thank you!
Vivian Prouty
on 7/26/09 8:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Wendi,

Welcome to my support group.   Do you live in the DFW area???   Anyway to your question.....your blood sugar could be bottoming out and that could be the reason for the dizzy spells.   You need to call your surgeon's office and let them know you are having this problem.   I know I had that problem for a short period of time and it was due to me not putting anything in my stomach early in the AM.    You may want to go to the Lap Band or Realize Band Message board on OH and ask this question to the banders.   I personally had RNY !!!   I look forward to getting to know you better and keep up the great work.    Congrats also on your upcoming Lap band surgery.     Welcome to the journey of a lifetime !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

wendiwoo
on 7/26/09 9:50 am
 I do live in the DFW area. We are in the Mid Cities area. I feel much better today. I think trying to steam clean my carpets with no food in my stomach was not a good idea.  I only have 2 more days! I am so excited. Thank you for the reply.
Vivian Prouty
on 7/26/09 1:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Wendi....when you recover from your WLS....please think about coming to my support group.   We meet at Starbucks by NE Mall in Hurst.   We meet the first sunday of each month from 3:30 - 4:30.    Good luck and you could be getting the nervous jitters....but don't.....you will be fine !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"