Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Groups » Lose it 4 Life Suppo... » Discussion » Would anyone like t...

Would anyone like to take my dissertation survey?

ginakRN
on 1/23/14 5:50 am

Hello everyone!  I am a nurse and while I haven’t had weight loss surgery myself, it is something that I have a passion for learning more about.  I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life, and both my husband and sister have had WLS with very mixed results.  I am so curious as to why some succeed and others do not over the long term and I am eager to learn what we as health care providers can do to better support our patients in their weight loss journeys.  In my practice of nursing for nearly 25 years, I often feel that we need to listen more to what patients tell us…after all, you are the experts of this experience!!

With that being said, I am doing my doctoral nursing research looking at selected personal beliefs and practices and their relationships to weight loss outcomes 2-10 years after WLS.

If you would be willing to help me by completing my survey (which is totally anonymous and should take about 15 minutes of your time), my goal is to share what I learn with others…patients and health care colleagues alike.

Here is the link to my survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9XHYKYZ

Please let me know if you have any questions, and THANKS!!!

Gina K, RN