Victorious Losers

Recent Posts

shoutjoy
on 2/13/13 6:32 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Update

Hi everyone!

How are all of you up there in Coudy?  We have moved, again.  We now live in Culpeper, VA.  A sweet little town in central VA but close enough to D.C. to get all their news.  I am working at a Curves in Warrenton and loving it!!!  It's been a long time since I have had a job I truly loved.  What are you all up to?  Keep in touch!!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

shoutjoy
on 1/12/11 4:01 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Meeting Cancelled
Due to the bitter cold and blizzard conditions, I am cancelling.  We can always share our desires for this year on this board.

shoutjoy
on 1/8/11 7:55 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Meeting Reminder
Hi all,

Those of you who can make it, please come Wednesday night.  We will be planning and brainstorming our events for the year.  Bring pad, pen and calendar with you.  If you are good at planning fund raisers and outreach events, please don't be shy to help.

See you Wednesday!

shoutjoy
on 12/6/10 6:42 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Meeting Cancelled
Due to the severe weather we are having, I am cancelling our meeting tomorrow night.  We can always reschedule later in the month.  If I don't see you again this month, have a great Christmas and New Year!

shoutjoy
on 11/18/10 7:16 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: More Changes
Hi all,

I am going to also send this to our email list.  There are going to be some possible big changes.  We have to move.  Our house we are renting is up for sale.  Also, Richard has been interviewing.  He has an initial offer of a job in Wellsboro and an interview in Columbus, OH.

So, I am still looking for someone who would want to train as a support group leader.  It is relatively painless and very informative.  Just think about it ok?  OH is very good about giving support and leader materials for you to use.

I will keep you posted.

shoutjoy
on 8/12/10 4:04 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: September Meeting

Hi all,

We will be having a speaker who is going to talk about nutritional and bariatric products she is responsible for. However, you are under no obligation to buy.  She is one local source that we have available to us.  Come with questions regarding protein, iron, vitamins etc.

shoutjoy
on 7/15/10 8:20 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: We Are Growing!
Hi all,

We will get two new members next month.  A husband and wife who are both in the process.  This is totally exciting!  Jim will be tickled pink to have another guy in the group!

I hope you all have a great weekend.  See you next month for a great time!

It is looking good for the Sept 11 field trip to Geisinger.  It would be great if we had a big van everyone could fit in.  Any suggestions?

shoutjoy
on 7/1/10 7:07 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Please post your feedback to these issues here.
Below are four issues we will be discussing at our next meeting.  I'd like your feedback. It is very important to share.  For those who do not go to any meetings, please let me know your thoughts on these issues.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REPLY SPECIFICALLY TO THE PERSON POSTING THE ISSUE.  I am asked to get your feedback individually.  So, I decided to open up this discussion here, at our next meeting and our online group.  Thank you and I am looking forward to your feedback.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4199297/Are-you-a-food-addict-How-can-you-tell/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/4199278/Stuck-in-an-exercise-rut/#34428414

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4199642/Liposuction-and-WLS-do-they-go-together

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4199275/quotFat-Cowquot-in-the-pool-help/

shoutjoy
on 6/13/10 11:07 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: More Updates
Hi all,

Well, we have use of the educational conference room in the short procedure unit (SPU) for our workouts.  We would have to fold up the tables and move the chairs but I think it would be a good room to start with. 

I am thinking about weekly on a Tuesday or Thursday evening around 7pm.  What do you think?  We can alternate weeks with low and high impact workouts.  I will set the time and date next week.  Let me know your thoughts.

shoutjoy
on 6/13/10 8:51 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: One Step Closer
Hi all,

Well, when I find out what room we can use at the hospital, we can get started on the exercise class.  I know that some of you are not ready for high intensity workouts.  I am open to having a second class that is very low impact.  I would have to research some DVDs to find one that will work.  If you have some, we could use it too.  Now, my only concern is if I start this class, who will show up?  If you are interested, then let's talk.  We could even do them on the same night.  Use the low impact as a warm up to the high.  I want to offer options for all.

shoutjoy
Group Leader

BluestCat
Group Administrator