2013 gastric sleevers

Groups » 2013 gastric sleever... » Discussion » I don't understand ...

I don't understand the OH website!!

Chaychee
on 8/28/13 10:36 pm
RNY on 10/14/13

I know how you feel! I have used forums before but this one seems particularly hard to navigate to me for some reason.  I am trying to set up my surgery in Mexico right now for the end of September or first week in October.  I am working on getting my passport right now and trying to find someone who will go with me.  My husband will if all else fails but I'd rather him be home with our little girl, that would leave me with the least amount of worry and lord knows I won't need any extra stress or things to worry about when I"m going to another country for a surgery.  Ha! It sounds ridiculous but I can't afford the $18,000 it will cost me here in the states, so without this option I would just be doomed to be heavy forever I feel like.  I have yo yo dieted since I was about 8 years old. As an adult I have weighed anywhere from 150-265...up and down and all the way back up and all the way back down at least 3 times.  I'm pretty good at losing weight, but not worth a darn at maintaining it.  I'm tired of dieting, I"m tired of worrying about my weight, I"m tired of having poor self image.  That's why I'm taking the risk of going to Mexico and doing this surgery.  I feel like its the only hope I have left.  I am hoping I can find the answers, reassurance, and support I need to make this journey a little easier here or somewhere.  Hopefully we can figure this site out sooner that later.

Have a great day! 

:)

Stacey

Wishful0425
on 11/27/13 1:59 pm - Shingletown, CA
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi Chaychee,  I just joined the group and came across your post and was wonder how you were doing after you surgery?