2013 gastric sleevers

vsg rookie

mzmageevsg
on 9/28/13 2:06 pm

Hello there,

Im new to the VSG process.  Going thru Loma Linda and excited and a lil nervous.  I've gone thru so many you tube videos that they all look the same but a few of them mentioned this site as a great resource so here I am.  Trying to learn all the helpful tips I can to help me along this journey. 

Outside of the natural fear of surgery and complications that could happen there is also my fear of hair loss, excess skin and now Im hearing about ketoisis and flatulence...lol  (i know it sounds silly but its a true concern to be at work and letting it rip and I work around patients everday so hey...it is what it is!  

My starting weight is 241...Ive started this process a month ago and have only lost 3 pounds.  I'm going thru my 3 mos of doctors appointments whi*****ludes counseling sessions with nutritionist, group therapy etc.  I've had my endoscopy done already and have about 3 more sessions with my group.  I have one more appointment with my nutrioinist and then have to meet with the dietician and therapist before I get a surgery date.  I'm praying to have this done before the end of the year because I have such a high deductible I would just hate to start all over again.

Hopefully I will find someone of support that is on a similar path so that we can go thru this journey together!

bfatfree
on 10/1/13 2:25 am

Hi,

I am new to the VSG process and  have been approved for surgery.  My date is scheduled for October 8, 2013 at noon.  I share in your anxiety about the surgery.  I would love to share more with you soon.

FitandFirm

mzmageevsg
on 10/1/13 12:04 pm

looking forward to hearing about it.  Best of luck on your upcoming surgery!enlightened

bfatfree
on 10/1/13 8:51 pm

Thank you,

I will keep you posted

diana44
on 10/12/13 1:06 am - GA
VSG on 09/04/13

I had my surgery 9/4 -- about 6 wks out.  If you have any questions or concerns or just need some support.  I'm behind you!

pineview01
on 10/15/13 7:06 am - Davison, MI

Hi all!  I don't get here often as I hang mostly on the VSG boards.  Good luck to you all!  I had surgery 1/22/13 and am so happy I did.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ChocolateD
on 10/21/13 6:16 am - Mount Vernon, NY

i'm new here too. i did all the stuff you listed and i'm officially schedule for 11/5/13. im nervous, excited and scared all in one.. i'm more scared of the pain then anything, i hate pain and pain meds usually dont work well for me.

once my procedure is done, i will and can gladly fill you in on it.. i'm been keeping a weight loss journal, i call it my fat chronicles. lol

good luck to you all on our quest for a new life. angry

mzmageevsg
on 10/21/13 9:15 am

Good Luck to you....still no surgery date for me yet  I meet with my nutrionist this thursday and then will be scheduled for the dietician and psych consult  i cant wait to get a surgery date

wink