The Woman Warrior Support Group

Spring......

Susan S.
on 4/18/11 8:24 pm - Roselle, NJ
 A few new people indicated interest in joining and one of them was named Cherry Blossoms.......I'm surrounded by cherry trees in bloom, have a tattoo of a cherry branch that was taken from a piece of antique textile I found in China years ago and it is the sign of feminine strength.   I've been quiet here and I'm sorry.   While I"ve been on OH daily as always and if there is anything I can tell you from my own experience as a postop with some years under her belt  - Don't wander away from OH!  These surgeries are remarkable in their effectiveness for a while......most of us will lose almost in spite of ourselves....but if you think you have anything 'licked' as a result of WLS you are wrong.    It is an opportunity and one that requires constant focus and nurturing.  The further out you get the harder it becomes.  Your physical capacities change (restriction still good here!!!) and the joys and complications of life will expand into your consciousness when you aren't completely consumed with day to day feeding.   Let's support each other wherever you are in your journey.  Spring.....renewal.......rebirth.   Our WLS was a seasonal shift in our own lives.    Now what is one thing you're going to do this glorious week to celebrate your new life?!?!?!?   Me - I got back on my bike and road yesterday.
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

franRN76
on 4/19/11 12:12 am - PA
I am finally working on some emotional well being this week.  Its gonna be a process, but spring and this WLS is about rebirth.  So I am ready!  It is high time to look the demon (my past) in the eye and say that it no longer has a hold on me.  I thought I had done that, but I think I just buried it.  So as the saying  "April  showers brings may's flowers" goes April will bring tears for me that will help my future blossom.