weight gain

nyczooman
on 4/19/07 8:21 am - staten island, NY
Hi everyone I had my RNY 3 years ago and I went to my primary doctor the other day, and to no surprise to me I have gained 18 lbs since I last saw him and my blood pressure is up again, I am again back on high blood pressure pills I have been taking this tool for granted and grazing all day long and eating sweets little by little all day long as a way around getting sick from to much sugar at one time, well I have decided to go back to basics, yesterday I had protein shake for breakfast , protein shake for lunch. And calf's liver for dinner, a hand full of nuts for snack... today I had two eggs and one piece of beef sausage for breakfast, one chicken leg for lunch, and now I just had a plate of seafood melody for diner, I hope I can stay on track... I have to work on getting my water down now Thanks for listening Albert
Nancy
on 4/30/07 7:46 am - Kasson, MN
YOU CAN DO IT!! Pick something healthy when you want to snack....... I like sunflower seeds or fruit. I put my bottles of water in the freezer so they get really cold. Remember how far you have come do you want to go back? YOU CAN DO IT!
giggle95376
on 5/21/07 4:33 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I soo hear you...I, too, am heading down the road of gaining a bit...only 5 pounds so far, but we all know how easy those pounds go on and how hard to get off. My body has been telling me to slow down and not overeat...its sooo easy to eat with family and friends and forget our basic rules. I have gotten sick several times lately from overeating...usually because I wait too long between meals and then I am ravenous and eat too much before my tummy knows food hit. Its nice to know we are all still out here to encourage each other....we HAVE come a long way..and though we may stray a bit off the path...We CAN get back on track and we have a great tool to help us. Thank goodness for WLS surgery....I am thankful everyday for the chance to be healthier...and if we need to be reminded to use our tool wisely...waht a small price to pay. Just remember how far you have come...how far all of us have come...and get back on track...we are all out here cheering you on!!!!
nyczooman
on 5/22/07 12:41 am - staten island, NY
Thank you so much for your response.. Its good to hear we are here for each other , to learn from our mistakes and triumps, I have some what been able to get back on track , I have lost 7 lbs so far eating the right foods and getting my water intake daily, now I have to work on the exercise thing lol hope you are doing good also Albert
lavina27
on 6/7/07 12:43 am - Houston, TX
Hi Albert, I just wanted to tell you that you have been an inspiration to me. I too have gained weight since the surgery. 10lbs to be exact......I've been down in the dumps about it, but I have to loose this weight. I threw away all my fat girl clothes so I have no choice. I too have started monitoring my diet and getting in more water. Keep up the good work, you'll be back on top in no time and off the blood pressure pills. Take Care, Lavina
coke
on 6/14/07 2:57 pm - Naperville, IL
Hi to everyone. I don't come to this site much because even though I had my original Lap-banding done on this date (Jan 12,2004) My band had to be released due to complications and I was rebanded on July 27, 2006. I lost 106 lbs but in the course of getting a second band I had picked up 54 lbs. Weight loss is such a battle I beg you guys who have made it to your goals to do all you can to stay there. Hobbies, your computer, walking,tic-tac-toe, anything to take your mind off food. If you have an old outfit, nail it to the wall as a reminder. I can't wait to reach goal. I will be praying for all of you and myself. God bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 678 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 796 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 750 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 782 views