61/2 years

Janet M.
on 8/15/10 9:17 pm - Harrisburg, PA
 Well it is six and a half years later and still going strong.  to date I have lost  138 pounds. For those of you that are just starting out or have already had your surgery, stay strong! I went through a period around year 4 where I gained some of the weight back. At that time I had lost about 110 pounds and then gained back about 15 pounds.  Get back on track and you will find that the benefits of the surgery are still there! So from year 4 to now I have lost the 15 pounds I gained back plus another 13 pounds.  So I went from 263 my pre-surgery weight to 125.  You can do it!
I am a Realtor. This was a dream of mine.. and I can now live the Dream! I never would have done this "fat!"  My signature  for RE  "Making Dreams Real" Thank you Obesity Help for guiding me to this surgery.. because I made my own Dream Real!
You can do it.. I DID!  
giggle95376
on 10/29/10 4:54 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Feeling a bit down on myself.... 331 preop (and dieting required to have surgery...so my heaviest) down to 175 at one point..now at 200.... grrrrrrr... need some defintie inspiration and motivation to get back on track.. Interestingly ...i still have protion control....most of the time and feel sick with fat or sugar intake....my downfall is lack of exercise.....any suggestions ??? anyone?????
tyx3mom
on 11/5/10 3:32 am
janet . wow you are doing great.  keep up the good work.  i have lost 115 lbs. and kept it off within 5 lbs.  I usually exercise quite regularly but i got anemic. (three different kinds of anemic) and i had to have i.v. therapy twice a week for 10 weeks and my doc asked me not to exercise while hes building up my numbers.... so, i just finished yesterday and i did not exercise today yet.  i have to get to my two jobs. im so nervous about starting the exercise again. previously i exercised 3-6 times a week now i havent done it for 10 weeks.  im afraid i got out of the habit, i know im gonna suck wind again getting started... but i also know i feel sooo much better when i exercise.  have a good one. keep up the good work. michelle

I have lost 115#'s.  I had my surgery on January 20, 2004.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 679 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 796 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 750 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 782 views