Quertions

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 7/27/08 6:06 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Hi everybody!!! I am still here in Jilotepec working and changing my life for good. Next week I will have my family moving with me. I have got a beautiful house wich has a wonderful green landscape in front of it... I can see sheeps feeding in front of my window... and doing a very nice job... My life has changed for the good in the past few months... but to be honest although my weight is no more an issue I have been feeling weird the last few weeks... it feels like I am always tired. Not the kind of tireness after working out but it really hurts to go out of the bed and drinking a lot of coffee to keep the pace... I have been working hard to eat well and not loose more weight. I am sorry to bring this issue at the time that some of you are struggling with over weight, but it really scares me now that I am not feeling energetic. I don't know what is happening to me.... How are you feeling after wls??? No changes in your strength???? What are your gratest challenges right now??? What were your greatest goals after wls??? Have a nice week end... Love you all Alex
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 7/27/08 6:08 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Here you have my answeres: How are you feeling after wls??? Weak No changes in your strength???? Yes, a lot... not feeling strong any more... What are your gratest challenges right now??? To keep the pace... to not loose what is accomplished so far... What were your greatest goals after wls??? To recover my self steem... to recover my professional carreer. Thanks Alex
Teresa W.
on 7/27/08 7:05 am - Green River, WY
Buenos dias Alex, This journey is so unique to each of us. How are you feeling after wls??? I feel great. I am blessed as I have had no bad side effects. No changes in your strength???? I am much weaker than I was before surgery. At first I thought it was the weight loss, I had lost my counter balance or momentum when I was moving or lifting something. I now think it is muscle loss. What are your gratest challenges right now??? Not over eating. Picking the best foods for my health, now and in the future. What were your greatest goals after wls??? I wanted to be healthy and not hurt. I met both of those goals. You must be scared, loosing weight and feeling weak. Have you seen a doctor? Maybe it is something simple. I will keep you in my thoughts. Teresa
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 7/27/08 10:28 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Thanks for your response Teresa... You are certainly right... we haven't lose only fat tissue but muscle tissue too... it makes me to come with my goal to work out as soon as posible. I have had the goal to go to the gym for ages and for one reason or the other I haven't gone since I started my journey. So far I am focusing on my family moving and to offer results in my new job. I will have in my mind to do some exercise in no more than three weeks. I certainly have gone to my nutritionist few weeks ago, she told me that every thing looked good and adviced me to keep swalowing my vitamins and keeping an eye on my food intake... Keeping your health is an awesome goal... I hope you will feel wonderful for ever... LOL!!! hugs Alex
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/08 10:46 pm - Eau Claire, WI
Hi there! You always have such nice things to say to everyone, just wanted to say thanks for that! I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'm sure you'll hear this a few times but you might want to check your vitamin levels? Or if you haven't been taking them that could be one reason? Also with all that you've been through the last few mos. it may be something as simple as just stress. That will wear you down quickly and I can vouch for that! As far as bringing up any subject I don't think you should feel weird about anything... you'll find other people like you struggling to keep weight on and vice versa... great thing is everyone is always not alone! I hope you feel better soon! How are you feeling after wls??? I feel really good for the most part. As far as the WLS is concerned and any side effects that I feared so much, I really don't have any. The only lingering one is the lactose intolerance which is, of course, no big deal. The bad/good side is I can eat anything I would ever want (except those dairy foods). The only other thing I notice is if I eat too much or the wrong stuff I do feel 'icky'. You think that would be a wake up call, but it wasn't as much. I feel better eating the way I am supposed to be. No changes in your strength???? Yes and no, obviously at first, it's horrible. Last summer I was probably at my best (in my opinion) health and strength wise. I was working out religiously and eating well. I had some really nice arm muscles going. The only thing that really made me feel weak was moving furniture... at double my current weight it moved easily, now I have to sit on the floor and brace against a wall and pu**** with my feet to get it moving, or have someone help! Currently I feel I am just a wuss! I notice when boating and the activities that come with i****erskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, that I don't have a lot of strength. But I haven't been working out much at all due to injury and my school schedule. A huge part of it is the plastic surgery rounds too. That took more out of me that I ever imagined or realized. Or just take the big picture in... in the last 3 years, starting with WLS, I've had 5 major surgeries. Also have not taking vitamins at all. I'm always anemic and I need iron and I think b-12 is a big one too. Been thinking about doing the b-12 shots for 6 mos and see how it goes! What are your gratest challenges right now??? weight loss, back to eating the WLS way, and how to deal with stress and time management. The last 2 are probably the biggest long term, because if I can't do those, I'm always going to be worrying about the first 2! If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it! I work, have 3 kids, a b/f and 2 more kids, and high stress school program that takes up most of my time. What were your greatest goals after wls??? Health-getting off meds for high bp and lowering cholestrol. Did it all! My cholesterol last time it was checked was 134. Also being more active with my children which I've definitely accomplished. Hugs n stuff, Renee
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 7/28/08 10:39 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Hi Renee!!! Your responses are so positive that it's a joy to read them.... Let me see... I had a complete checking with blood levels few months ago and everything was under control. Perhaps right now what I am feeling is the lose of muscle tissue. I used to work out intensively in my youth and I used to feel really strong. I used to swimm and run and lift weights, so now that I am in my fortyies and having lost a lot of weight I am just suffering the consequences of all the process. So far, what is a must in my life is to go back to the gym and work with weight lifts and try to go back to my usual condition. And YES!!!! you are right I feel that stress is doing its job too...!!! LOL!!!! I can relate a lot with your answers. Some times at the question: HOW DO YOU FEEL? the answer always is GREAT!!!! if I go back in time and feel my life when I was obese, it really makes me feel depressed. That is the magic to keep in touch with this group, in general we can relate a lot with all the stuff we are going through... all of us are struggling with life, and weight no matter how many pounds we have got rid off, our bond is strong to relate with the problems and the wow's we have experienced together these past couple of years... I feel really happy to realize that you are full of life and happiness... Alex
Ms T.
on 8/1/08 2:29 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
try www.b12patch.com - they work wonders!! It is a patch the size of a dime that you wear for 24 hours placed behind your earlobe. Tori and I have been using them for a few months now with very positive results. ~Tiffany
Ladybugmom
on 7/28/08 2:12 am - Lockport, NY
Hey Alex Nice to see you! How are you feeling after wls??? I FEEL AWESOME SINCE WLS No changes in your strength???? I AM DEFINATELY WEAKER, BUT WORKING ON GAINING MUSCLE STRENGTH BACK! What are your gratest challenges right now??? KEEPING TO EATING HEALTHY. THE BAD FOOD CALLS MY NAME LIKE A DEMON AND I ANSWER BY ETING IT! What were your greatest goals after wls??? MY GREATEST GOAL IS TO GET HEALTHY AND STAY HEALTHY! Hugs, Chris
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 7/28/08 10:43 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Hey Chris!!! How is school??? WOW!!!! as I am saying to Renee all our answers are so similar!!! it's amazing how much we can relate on our feelings and the way we can see life after wls!!! Regards!!!! Alex
Jersey
on 7/28/08 3:49 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Alex! I am glad that you got yourself checked out and that the weakness is nothing critical! Here are my responses... How are you feeling after wls??? ~ Terrific! I still have many struggles but I feel so, so much better now than before I had WLS! No changes in your strength???? ~ Yes...I am much stronger! When I was heavy, I could barely hold anything...barely climb stairs. Now I run up the stairs without getting winded and I can cart around my near 40-lb. boy without much trouble! What are your gratest challenges right now??? ~ Not eating crap. I was eating horribly for a very long time. It effected everything...I felt miserable, depressed, tired, sickly. I have gotten back into eating healthy (doing the protein buster-type diet). I feel so much better but it is SO HARD to maintain. It is so easy to go back to eating cookies! What were your greatest goals after wls??? ~ My greatest goal is to MAKE goal! I want to get to my ideal weight which is 160. I have 10 lbs to go to get there (at one point I only had two lbs to go...very frustrating). I am disappointed to see that I am not fitting into NEW size 10 pants, anymore (I still fit into my old jeans...perhaps they stretched!). I guess all the weight I re-gained is in my belly because, for a long time, I was a solid size 10. This weekend, though, I went to Old Navy and had to suck it in painfully to get into their size 10 The Flirt jeans. And I had the same issue at Fashion Bug. The size 10 jeans were not meshing. Granted...I have been buying size 10 dresses (even some 8's!) but I am VERY concerned about the size 10 pants issue. I know numbers should not drive my emotional health but, what can I say, they do!! So...that's the news! Hope everyone is having a great day!! Love and hugs, JM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 155 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 591 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 629 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 591 views