Calling All Moms! (OT)

Jersey
on 8/27/08 11:12 pm - Northern, NJ
Hey Moms!

My son is not showing ANY interest in becoming potty trained.  He is the only one in his pre-K who isn't.  I am not one of those Moms who believes in forcing the issue but if ANYONE has any suggestions on how I could get him interested, I am open to anything!

Thanks!!
JM
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
Ladybugmom
on 8/28/08 1:24 am - Lockport, NY
Hey Jersey try making a game of it. When Johnny was little we put cherrios in the toilet and had him aim for the rings.  It made it fun for him and he learned quickly. As far as going number 2 it was a little more difficult but it came quickly after he learned to pee in the toilet. Have fun and good luck!

HUGS, CHRIS

Ps....I love these new icons.

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

Kristi D.
on 8/28/08 1:46 am - Somewhere, TN
Hey sweetie!

With Preston, I was lucky. He took right to potty training. I sit him down and we taked about not using diapers and we would go to the store and he could pick out some "big boy" underwear. He was excited about that. Karrigan was the same way. But with her we left the store with 5 packs of panties. GIRLS! lol

Good luck,
Kristi

Baby Girl Brylee Due Dec. 21 2008
Jen Jen J.
on 8/29/08 5:23 am - Houston, TX
cool alert pull ups - gives them a shock but helps recognize the having to go feeling

sticker charts
m&m's
gummy fish/bears
praise, praise, praise

I would act like a maniac - jump up and down, clap, scream, high five - big boy, good boy, wow look what you did, just like daddy and on and on - especially poop - poop on a three year old is just plain gross - you would have thought he built a rocket ship I made such a huge deal over it.

when a sitcker chart is filled, they get a special trip to the dollar store to pick out a few "special treats"

N was almost 3 before he really got interested - he was 3 in June and is fully trained during the day and still wets at night.  M is almost 5 and still wets at night too.  Some kids don't master night training until 7 or 8.  G never wets at nights but gets busy during the day and often wets on the way or as she is trying to pull her pants down

God Bless! Jen 
Mark 9:37a
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me."

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 8/30/08 5:43 am - Zapopan, Mexico
you look beautiful Jen...

Alex
toleary
on 9/4/08 4:00 pm - AZ
jen,

You look so awesome.......................how fun being prego ............

I m so glad you mentioned the 7 or 8 thing we are 5 almost 6 and still having problems at night...do great for about a month and then all of a sudden have a run of about a week of wetting at night I think it's when I get lax and let her drink after 7 or she stays up to late ....

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK

TORI

shannon31600
on 8/31/08 2:26 am - NJ

Hey Jersey,

Long time no talk to....I had a jar of little dinosaurs(which I got at the dollar store)and I told him if he went on the potty and did #1 I would give him one. I also, told him that if he did #2 he would get 2!!!Can I tell you it worked like a charm...by the time the jar was empty he was potty trained. A girlfriend of mine told me to do it, and it worked!!So, give it a try.I used dinosaurs because he really liked them, so just use something you know he really likes. Hope you are doing well and you look fantastic!!!!!!

Hugs,
Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 154 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 591 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 629 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 590 views