Miracle needed

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 8/30/08 5:40 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Today I woke up with a feeling of appreciation about all that have happened to me and my family in the later months. I am really thankfull of all the events that have brought me here, healthy and able to live a full live enjoying my kids growing up, and my wife taking my hand.
I would like to share this story with all of you. Sorry for the problems of translation:

A little girl went up to her bedroom took her piggy bank hidden in the closet and broke it in the floor spreading out all her money, then she counted carefully her savings three times, and when she was certain of the quantity went out silently from home using the back door. She went straight to the drugstore located six blocks from there. She waited there patiently until the drugstore attendant took attention of her, but he was busy. She cleared her throat, nothing happened, she screeched her shoes in the floor, nothing happened again, at last she took a quarter and used it to knock in the front desk. That was enough!!! "What do you want?" the attendant asked with a tone of displeasure in his voice... "I am talking with my brother who comes from Chicago and has been absent for years!!!" Well, she said, I would like to talk to you about my brother, he is really ill and I want to buy a miracle, he is really, really sick.
Excuse me? The attendant said, and Tere (which was the name of the girl) continued, his name is Andrés and something happens in his head, daddy says that only a miracle can save him, now tell me, how much does a miracle cost?
We don't sell miracles here little one, the attendant said with a softer voice, sorry we can't help you.
Hey!!! I've got money to pay for it!!!. If it isn't enough I will get more... just tell me how much do you want for a miracle!!!.
The attendant's brother which was a very well dressed man came into the conversation and asked to Tere: what kind of miracle does your brother need? I don't know, Tere said, I only know that he is really sick and mommy says that he needs surgery, but daddy says he can't afford it, that's why I want to use my money. How much do you have? The man from Chicago asked. One dollar and eleven cents answered Tere with a low voice, and that's all the money I have, but I cant get more if it is necessary.
Well, that's a coincidence, the man smiled; one dollar and eleven cents is the exact price for a miracle for little brothers. He took the money with one hand and with the other he took Tere's little hand. And now tell me where do you live?. I want to see your little brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I've got the right miracle needed. That well dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a neurologist highly appreciated around the world. He did the surgery and charged no fees and took all the hospital charges under his pocket until Andrés went back to home completely healed. Mommy and daddy commented the happy chain of events that brought to their family all of that. That surgery, murmured mommy, was a real miracle. I can't imagine the real cost of it. Tere smiled, she did know the real cost of a miracle: one dollar and eleven cents... plus the faith of a little girl.

In our life we never know how many miracles we are going to need. A miracle is not the cancelation of a natural law but the implementation of a higher law.

Love you all.

Alex
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 154 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 591 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 629 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 590 views